Progressive Insurance - Good people, stable company, no hopes of career advancement | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Progressive Insurance

"Good people, stable company, no hopes of career advancement"

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative
Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative

Pros

Working for Progressive has been a very positive experience for a working environment. The people are great, I've had multiple supervisors that I got along with well, and I enjoyed the culture, the decorations of the buildings, and the fact that there are many venues for even low end employees to provide feedback to senior management (including blogs, feedback tools, surveys and more). The company is financially stable, profitable, and it's only getting better. The advertising with Flo (and the new Messenger character) has been making the phones ring, and you can see from the public filings that the company is grew more than every major competitor in the auto insurance industry last year. This is going to make for a place where you can feel secure that your job should be safe for quite some time - and on top of that, yearly bonuses are based on certain measures of the company's success - last year was a strong year for this bonus, and signs are still good for more.

Cons

Career advancement, particularly from the contact center, has been non existent. After multiple years of working for the company, and looking for areas to advance both within the same department and in other areas, I've come to the determination that when you're in the contact center, you're stuck there. Of probably a couple hundred people I've had the honor of knowing in my time with the company, I've seen one or two advance to a better position. The most you can generally hope for is a lateral move, and even that is exceptionally difficult to pull off.

Advice to Management

Career advancement opportunities need to be available for a lot more employees. There are a lot of bright, intelligent, charismatic and educated people sitting in entry level positions with the company right now - and they have no place to go but to other companies.

Other Employee Reviews for Progressive Insurance

1. "Must be able to accept change quickly"

Pros

Flexible work schedules once you have worked there awhile and employee 401k compensation are very competitive versus other similar companies.

Cons

Job opportunities are limited if you do not meet a multitude of job performance objectives on a monthly and quarterly basis.

Advice to Management

I would be great if more positions would open up where you do not have to be living locally close to headquarters.

2. "no where to go"

Pros

benefits, pay is somewhat ok

Cons

where to start, everything. did i studder? work/family balance is miserable. if you say anything your an outcast and your life is miserable

Advice to Management

none