Project Management Institute - Sad...could be the best non-profit. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Project Management Institute

"Sad...could be the best non-profit."

Current Employee - Specialist in Newtown Square, PA
Current Employee - Specialist in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at Project Management Institute full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits...but don't get too excited. What's the sense in having good benefits when you likely will get fired or quit because of a new manager who wants to make an impression by wiping all of the talent out of their department?

Cons

If you are director and above, welcome to the "old boy network"...even women executives are members of the network! Your job is safe! CEO comes across as a regular guy...has quarterly "tell me how you feel" meetings. And if you speak up in those meetings you'll likely find yourself without a job. Managers come and go. They get hired, fire all of the current talent, start fresh with their own people, then end up getting fired themselves, leaving the place with talentless bottom-feeders. Sad, because when I was there, there was a tight team who would kill for one another...Only to be tortured by their inept managers and protected directors, until they left. NONE OF THEM ARE LEFT...my whole team was wiped out by a manager who just got fired!

All of the negative issues about the culture are true. Serious favoritism...creates A LOT of rumors about employees sleeping with superiors to keep their jobs or get promoted...and in some cases even THAT is true!

Advice to Management

LISTEN to the reviews that aren't contractors or interns. Those writing on this site that are of the short-term, non-commitment world are just getting what they can and leaving. There is a revolving door of employees and the CEO doesn't even look into it...he just thinks "Oh it's because we're a non-profit." BS...people look for quality of life and bring actual talent to your organization just to be disappointed. You have the potential of attracting some of the top talent.

I also just passed the Prince2 test. I don't even want your credentials. And now that I'm in the corporate world you credentials are losing their value.

Other Employee Reviews for Project Management Institute

1. "All in all, a good experience"

Former Intern - Junior Network Engineer in Newtown Square, PA
    Former Intern - Junior Network Engineer in Newtown Square, PA

I worked at Project Management Institute as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly environment, competitive pay, excellent team structure. Small enough to learn everyone's name, large enough to not feel smothered.

Cons

Surprisingly, a bit disorganized when it comes to actually managing projects- on several occasions PMs would pull me into things that had little to nothing to do with my actual job role

2. "Moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Newtown Square, PA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Newtown Square, PA

I have been working at Project Management Institute full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Happy employees, Lots of room to grow, interesting projects

Cons

Very level conscious, sometimes too many processes

Advice to Management

Continue moving forward