Promega - Good experience. Healthy, up-beat, bottom-line attitude. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Promega

"Good experience. Healthy, up-beat, bottom-line attitude."

Former Employee - QA Manager in Madison, WI
Former Employee - QA Manager in Madison, WI

Pros

Great benefits, wonderful healthcare facility. Management is eager to be successful, and it trickles down to employees. Good support for technical teams.

Cons

Too darn cold and snowy in winters! Sometimes, when things get too exciting, management tries to take shortcuts - which lead to mistakes.

Advice to Management

Don't immediately shift to outside consulting to fix things. In-house staff is very smart and dedicated, and should be a part of the process for improvements.

Other Employee Reviews for Promega

1. "Promega is a leading edge company in life sciences with a wonderful campus and environment to work."

Former Employee - Administrative in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Administrative in Madison, WI

Pros

This company has plenty of great and interesting people from a broad spectrum - scientists to home beer brewers. Many midwesterners with a good sprinkling of people from around the world. Their flagship headquarters building is unique and the company cafeteria was far better than many restaurants I've experienced.

Cons

In a competitive world and crowded job market, you'll need to be amongst the very best and well educated. There is good training, but as with many larger organizations, you should be pretty self sufficient.

Advice to Management

As a contract worker, I received a good initial welcome and guidance to fit in. However, that faded over time. At the point in which my time was up, my departure was pretty anticlimactic with almost no recognition that I was leaving. I didn't expect any grand send-off. However, even HR seemed to just go through the minimal requirements to send me on my way, with barely a "good luck".

"Highly Entreprenurial"

Former Employee - Withheld for Specificity (Only Person With This Title) in Madison, WI

Pros

Great benefits, compensation and work environment. Tremendous flexibility in schedule and lifestyle. Great rate of technology adoption and innovation. Situated in an excellent community in Wisconsin - finanacially stable and culturally mixed. Incredible, amazing, intelligent people.

Cons

Workers are on their own with regards to career advancement. Money is provided for professional development which is great, but mentoring, guidance and intervention for troubled employees is completely absent. Absolutely no provision for promotion or advancement other than to leave the organization.

Advice to Management

Increase support in Human Resources to encourage for Professional Development and intervention for workers who are stuck in non-productive patterns.