Prometheus Research - Very good experience overall | Glassdoor

"Very good experience overall"

Current Employee - Analyst in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Prometheus Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I really like the people I get to work with, and (most of) the clients are very appreciative. Everyone's smart and generally keeps their cool, even when things change or a fire starts. I'm not sure where other reviewers are getting their information, but everyone I've worked with has been professional and has always put the needs of the clients first. Yes, this is small company, and the management team could do a... much better job of facilitating orderly changes to technology and processes ... but this is also consulting and IT company, so I think there's always going to be an element of instability (unless you're working in someplace big and boring). The work itself ranges from occasionally tedious to brag at the bar to your friends how cool it is. It's also pretty nice that the work can be traced to actually helping science and people.

Cons

This place can get hectic. As I said, fires do start, sometimes big ones. When they do though, everyone keeps their calm and puts them out. Management talks about improvements on this front, but they've been slow coming. If they actually gave everyone the time they need to focus, we'd go from good to great, and a lot of the small issues would evaporate.

Advice to Management

See above. Come through on the promises about efficiency and time to focus, and I'll have no problem giving Prometheus 5 stars. Unlike some reviewers, I like hearing about new clients and opportunities, so please don't stop. Some of the recent things I've heard about are actually exciting, and would keep me here for a while.

Prometheus Research2014-10-14

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Prometheus Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ambiance, Flexibility, Vision and the Fast pace growth

Cons

No Paid maternity/paternity leave, Average Pay

Prometheus Research2017-02-13

"Analyst"

I worked at Prometheus Research

Pros

Great software and some people

Cons

Management is in over their head in software and has no idea how to expand the growth of the company

Prometheus Research2016-08-18

Discover more reviews about Prometheus Research.