PromiseShip - Family Permanency Specialist | Glassdoor
  1. "Family Permanency Specialist"

Former Employee - Family Permanency Specialist in Omaha, NE

I worked at PromiseShip full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Benefits Flexible Coworkers Doing good work for children and families Good job to start a profession

Cons

Long hours at time and not much help from upper management or colleagues even tho your suppose to be a team. Very high school like environment, they hardly fire or have consequences for employees because its a high turn over job. They promote within only if you are liked by supervisors and not by skill or experience. Some supervisors are very unprofessional.

PromiseShip2019-01-23

February 4, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to review PromiseShip. We recognize the work done by our Family Permanency Specialists is challenging. We appreciate your feedback. Please know that it will be carefully considered and shared with the management team.

Other Employee Reviews

"PromiseShip shows real Promise to its workers and the families we help."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at PromiseShip full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement in many of the career paths at PromiseShip. Change is made when change is needed, not just to make a change. PromiseShip has a very diverse staff which makes us able to meet the needs of the families we serve better that most agencies like ours. Employees are treated fairly and with respect. PromiseShip invests time and money in the development of their staff and the...

Cons

Some of the cases our agency works with can be challenging. You have to really have a heart for helping other and resiliency at times, when some of the families you work with don't seem to want your help, but you know you still need to help them for their well-being and the well-being of their children. (Just keep your bucket full with those great moments you have with families and the successes you see daily in your...

Advice to Management

Perhaps, look at careers that don't have as much opportunity for advancement and find a way to show the development and growth of those employees over time.

PromiseShip2018-02-27

March 22, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for your service. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with PromiseShip.

2. "Hard work!"

Former Employee - Family Permanency Specialist in Omaha, NE

I worked at PromiseShip full-time for more than a year

Pros

My team was awesome and very supportive! The schedule is soo flexible and lots of opportunities for promotions!

Cons

I didn’t always feel like my back was covered by the higher up past my supervisor. At times it felt like the job being done was more important than my safety.

Advice to Management

Really evaluate your employees mental health.

PromiseShip2019-05-16

May 17, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for the review! We agree - our work life balance and flexible work program is great! We strive to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all of our employees. We also appreciate the feedback. Please know that it will be carefully reviewed and shared with the management team.

Discover more reviews about PromiseShip.