Prompt Ambulance Service - Prompt is a decent place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Prompt Ambulance Service

"Prompt is a decent place to work"

Current Employee - Emergency Medical Dispatcher in Highland, IN
Current Employee - Emergency Medical Dispatcher in Highland, IN

Pros

Many people feel that a private ambulance service is not the way to go. I felt the same way, but when I have a family to support, Prompt is a great place to help you provide for your family. There are opportunities to further your career, and Prompt is a large company that is quickly growing. With that growth comes opportunities. Overall, I feel they are a fair employer.

Cons

Not much different than other companies. They have issues to iron out in management.

Advice to Management

They need to be more open to listening to others and their ideas, as well as communicate upcoming changes.

Other Employee Reviews for Prompt Ambulance Service

1. "Prompt Ambulance Service...a review from an employee's point of view"

Current Employee - Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic in Highland, IN
    Current Employee - Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic in Highland, IN

Pros

Good place to start. You learn patient care, and report writing skills. You also learn the "ins and outs" of the hospital staff and how to communicate with the nurses, dr's ect. You learn your way around Lake county, Porter county, and the hospitals in IL/Chicago. You get a chance to see the 911 side of things as an EMT. As a paramedic you are running ALS and BLS runs. One big down side is the way Prompt pays the 24 hr crews. I believe it is truly unfair and they have obviously seen this with how many people they have lost due to their practices with pay.

Cons

No way of moving up in the company. Very, very over-worked and underapriciated.

Advice to Management

I honeslty do not know where to begin.

2. "Administrative assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Highland, IN
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Highland, IN

I have been working at Prompt Ambulance Service full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Privately owned, consciences, community motivated, Co-office workers are a pleasure to work with, I'm allowed to do a variety of jobs which keeps it interesting.

Cons

High turn over due to the fact that this is the first job for a lot of the field associates and they don't understand what service industry means