Proofpoint - Good company to work for with a bright future | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Proofpoint

"Good company to work for with a bright future"

Current Employee - Technical Field in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Technical Field in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is stable. The top executives have been prudent. Lots of technical innovation.

Cons

The financial prudence of the executives means benefits and perks are modest. As a pre-ipo employee, I expected to share in the growth and success of the company. I have not. Although I anticipate good growth for the company, I don't anticipate benefiting from it.

Advice to Management

Poor recognition and reward of employees destroys the fiction that there is a "Proofpoint Team." Oh, and don't tell us what is good for us as shareholders when most of us have a share of the company that is so trivial that the stock price could go up %100 and we would hardly notice.

Other Employee Reviews for Proofpoint

"I highly recommend avoiding working for Proofpoint!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Proofpoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent location near 237 & 101

Cons

Micro-management, The managers are unfair and treat employees with no respect! The product is a commodity. High turn-over because the moral is terrible!

Advice to Management

Learn to treat employees with respect and realistic expectations to keep employees from resigning.

"Treats employees well. Great place to progress in chosen field."

Current Employee - IT in Draper, UT
    Current Employee - IT in Draper, UT

Pros

They are very reasonable when time off is needed. The company is progressing nicely with new technologies. There is a good work environment with good people. The Draper area is very nice would be a great place for someone to live as well as the surrounding areas. The people I know in the company are good at helping you succeed and learning your role in the company.

Cons

I'm part time so I don't have much insight into benefits/compensation and how good or bad that is. There are some minor inconveniences with the network and the different passwords we need. But that comes with the territory of being a threat protection, compliance, archiving & governance, and secure communication company.