KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing Pains

Apr 4, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The product is great, and getting better -The leadership of Mike & MC is great -Recent key hires seem to be good hires, which was a problem in 2019 -With the current financial environment and record levels of unemployment, it's great to hear from Gary that they aren't considering layoffs or salary reductions (time will tell if that is just lip service). It's definitely a perk of being part of a big organization.

Cons

The expectation may have been set too high for how smoothly the transition from a 150 person company to a 3000 person company would be. As should have been expected, but perhaps most employees were not made aware of, there have definitely been some growing pains associated with the acquisition. Different requirements and processes, expectations for how to conduct yourself as part of a larger organization, and ObserveIT becoming more of a cog in the machine opposed to a standalone have definitely led to some friction out of the gate. Hopefully as time moves on and we become more acclimated, these things will change. Don't think our leadership can do anything about it - but the benefits are not really what a lot of people expected from an industry leader based in Silicon Valley; parental leave doesn't really exist, salaries weren't adjusted (in Proofpoint glassdoor reviews, low salaries seem to be common problem that leads to a lot of turnover), PTO doesn't seem "unlimited", 401K match is very low etc. I understand that there are some things that are better, but it feels like we lost a lot more in culture than we gained in other areas.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best company I've ever worked with or for

Jul 21, 2022 - Senior Professional Services Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cares about employees Demands the best of you Respects work/life balance Coworkers are second to none Cares about customers

Cons

Growing pains - there have been so many changes that you can spin your wheels sometimes tracking down correct processes.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Proofpoint review

Jul 26, 2022 - Sales Specialist in Sunnyvale, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

We have the best in class technology

Cons

Inexplicably more expensive than all other competitors

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Proofpoint.

Proofpoint Photos

+ Add Photo
Proofpoint photo of: Shecurity SF Summit 2019
Proofpoint photo of: Thanks to our interns who raised $ for school supplies for Bay Area kindergartners!
Proofpoint photo of: Our Finance and Operations team enjoys a BBQ and picnic!
Proofpoint photo of: Our Operations team enjoys a team BBQ and picnic!
Proofpoint photo of: 2020 New Year Kick-Off Celebration
Proofpoint photo of: Our 2017 Interns enjoying the warm CA weather!
Proofpoint photo of: Proofpoint celebrates its 15th anniversary!