KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Products, Good Company, but Sales Management is Going Backwards

Nov 2, 2020 - Senior Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Proofpoint has the best email security products and other excellent products that work well together which allow for customers to choose what that want to protect most when they want to do it (or can afford to). Good employee stock purchase plan.

Cons

Sales management has gone to micro-management and is out of touch with what the customer facing teams should be doing to accomplish goals. The management style includes over stringent requirements placed on the sales people which is taking away from Sales doing what they were hired for; to sell. There is a big issue with people not making their on-target earnings, but the company seems to be okay with that. One of the "solutions" that Proofpoint has been working on to increase sales is to add more sales people thus dividing territories more. Of course this is making it even more difficult for individual sales people to make their numbers. Overall on-target compensation is already low compared to the industry. So, not making target can mean a significant reduction is total income compared to working elsewhere. Very poor 401k match ($1500 per year in 2020)

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Outstanding Culture

Aug 17, 2022 - Senior Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is amazing! You feel like you are part of a family. Hands down, best place that I have worked and I will retire from here!!! I feel valued and supported by my management. The most outstanding company as far as internal growth and talent development.

Cons

NOTHING! It has been terrific in every aspect.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Proofpoint has a good culture and helpful individuals

Aug 16, 2022 - Renewal Compliance Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good team dynamic (finance side) -Flexibility in providing time off and other aspects of work-life balance -Genuine involvement of upper management and the greater org as a whole

Cons

-Benefits could be better (again, finance side) -Recent acquisition by private equity pushing sales, affects other teams -Some periods (especially EOQ) particularly heavy in workload; expect OT (Personally not a huge con for me)

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Proofpoint.

Proofpoint Photos

+ Add Photo
Proofpoint photo of: Shecurity SF Summit 2019
Proofpoint photo of: Thanks to our interns who raised $ for school supplies for Bay Area kindergartners!
Proofpoint photo of: Our Finance and Operations team enjoys a BBQ and picnic!
Proofpoint photo of: Our Operations team enjoys a team BBQ and picnic!
Proofpoint photo of: 2020 New Year Kick-Off Celebration
Proofpoint photo of: Our 2017 Interns enjoying the warm CA weather!
Proofpoint photo of: Proofpoint celebrates its 15th anniversary!