Propeller - Fantastic company to work for with amazing people | Glassdoor

"Fantastic company to work for with amazing people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Propeller full-time for less than a year

Pros

Propeller is an incredible company to work at, staffed with fantastic people. Propellerites are some of the nicest people I've ever interacted with, and it seemed easy and natural to quickly become friends with my coworkers. Beyond that, everyone is smart, driven, and top of their game, and it makes me want to be better at my job in a very positive way. Work-life balance is built into the firm, and work is actually... fun! I would recommend the company to anyone looking for a place to work where people work hard, want to be successful, have fun, and also have a life outside work.

Cons

People are social- if you are someone who like to come to work and go home and not be involved with the community of work, it may not be the place for you.

Propeller2019-05-30

Other Employee Reviews

"Refreshing Transparency and Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Propeller full-time for less than a year

Pros

Propeller does a really good job of hiring for culture. The people I get to engage with are all incredibly smart, fun to be around, and unlike any other group I've worked with at larger companies. The company is also super transparent. They try and shed light on how the company is performing financially and how they're doing with growth against their goals. It's really refreshing and I think they'd be transparent... with you about any questions you have.

Cons

Some project have multiple Propeller consultants, and others only have 1-2. It's always more fun being on engagements with multiple consultants from the firm, and those seem to be coming frequently, but they do a good job of ensuring there's lots of events to get people together.

Advice to Management

Maintain the focus on people as we grow and Propeller will continue to be succesful culuturally and within the market.

Propeller2019-10-21

"Staff Aug in Costume"

Former Employee - Consultant in Portland, OR

I worked at Propeller full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Talented and caring coworkers. - A feeling of working for a great place (for as long as you are doing well. make one wrong step and you get iced out)

Cons

- Consultants find themselves left to fend for themselves without support. - Some of my former female coworkers have worked for clients who are harassing them have been completely unsupported. - Utilization target is higher than similar firms. - Most consultants who leave don’t take the time to leave Glassdoor reviews but we all talk about our bad experiences when we see each other. - Contracts tend to be... staff aug with very little actual consulting work.

Advice to Management

- Keep private conversations private. Hearing the private business of other consultants discussed openly by HR and leadership creates an environment of distrust. - Try to stop creating an "us vs them" dynamic between leadership team and consultants.

Propeller2019-11-18

Discover more reviews about Propeller.