KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

I absolutely love working here

Dec 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at ProScribe has been such a great experience. As a student, they have always worked with my schedule. I love how scribes connect via the Facebook group. It’s great meeting new people, even if it isn’t in person, who have the same goals and are trying to navigate the field. I’ve had nothing but great physicians and NPs to scribe for and it’s been such an amazing learning experience.

Cons

In my experience, there isn’t much “flexibility” with last minute schedule changes. I can’t complain much because this is the case wherever you work. You should give a notice at least 2 weeks in advance. The only thing is that with all of my providers, they’ve only ever had me and one other person as a scribe. Since we work under multiple providers, schedule conflicts are guaranteed. For instance, the days I work for a provider, their other scribe is working for a different provider. So if any emergency were to happen, I can’t really have the other scribe cover for me since they’re already working for another provider. If it’s really an emergency though, such as I’m too sick to work or a family emergency etc., site coordinators have always been helpful and will work around it with me. So I really can’t complain much.

Proscribe Response

Sourcing and Outreach Manager

Thank you so much for your candid and detailed feedback - and we are elated that you love working with ProScribe and your physicians! Though there may be limited flexibility on last-minute schedule changes, it's great to hear that our team has been helpful and works with you to accommodate a sick day or family emergency. It's also great to hear that you enjoy connecting with our employees via our Facebook group! Thank you again for taking the time to review us and I hope your experience with us continues to be beneficial and enjoyable!

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good

Jun 16, 2022 - Medical Scribe in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good for premed students who want the experience, exposure, and connections.

Cons

The job can be stressful at times.

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Past experience during university

Jul 28, 2022 - Medical ER Scribe in McAllen, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Experience is the bottom line reason (assuming you don't have a certificate or are in-progress with your education) to do this, and maybe a ER physician connection.

Cons

Honestly, low pay for large volume of work during long shifts that may be continuous, staggered or sporadic. Medical staff may address you at times in a very non-polite manner. Training is observation for a couple of shifts, and trainers may be understanding or just be monotone & expect you to learn without much guidance. The companies policies during the start of COVID-19, is another conversation. Overall, unless you want to get experience in a clinical setting, this is not the ideal choice for pay, compacted volume of work, training, inter/intra-personal relationships.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Proscribe.

Proscribe Photos

+ Add Photo
Proscribe photo of: ProScribe Christmas Party 2021
Proscribe photo of: Christmas Party Games
Proscribe photo of: Meet Your Recruitment Marketing Team!
Proscribe photo of: 5th Annual Scribe Costume Contest
Proscribe photo of: 2021 Annual ProScribe Costume Contest Winner - Katya as Dr. Grabowski!
Proscribe photo of: Costume Contest Winner 2018