Prosum - Excellent Place to work if you know what you're doing | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Prosum

"Excellent Place to work if you know what you're doing"

Current Employee - Associate Partner in El Segundo, CA
Current Employee - Associate Partner in El Segundo, CA

Pros

I have read some negative reviews on here about Prosum, and as a current employee, I have to say I strongly disagree with those statements. I came from a much larger technical recruiting firm where I learned the ropes of recruiting, I then came to Prosum and never turned back.

Yes, you work on a draw, but not until you've been with the company for 18 months. Yes, it is competitive, but so is any other agency you work at. The work life balance here is phenomenal. I have a lot ot things I have to take care of in my personal life, and my manager has been nothing less than supportive of me taking time to do those things. They are upfront with you about everything and making sure you are comfortable and happy. Management has bent over backwards to make sure employees are satisfied and always want to hear our feedback as well.

Company perks are also beyond what I have seen in any professional environment as well. Prosum does not shy away from spending money on their employees and treating us like gold.

I think the people who complain about this job dont belong in recruiting, which is a very difficult industry to work in with the stresses we have to deal with on a daily basis.

Cons

It is difficult to work on a draw, and training can always improve, but if you know what you're doing, and arent afraid to ask for help when you dont, you will be fine.

Advice to Management

None, continue to ask and listen to your employees about feedback.

Other Employee Reviews for Prosum

"Unprofessional Company with High Turnover"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Pros

There are a lot of smart individuals there.

Cons

The culture is built on burning and churning and employees are treated like numbers. The company is constantly hiring in order to replace people who leave every month.

Majority of employees make under $40k while the company makes a profit from squeezing money out of everyone. Their comp structure is one of the worst because it takes people 4-6 years to actually see money coming in. Meanwhile, you're paying back a draw.

Management will yell at employees in front of others and continue to reprimand them quite a few times over issues that weren't in employees' control.

Taking vacation, sick days or time off is highly discouraged. If you do take time off, they will want you to come in earlier, on Saturdays and Sundays to make up for that time.

Advice to Management

Managers need to control their anger, the comp structure needs to be revised to be decently competitive and the company needs to learn how to retain employees.

"For an agency, they aren't that bad...but..."

Current Employee - Recruiter in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in El Segundo, CA

Pros

Overall, pretty good company culture. A lot of hard-working individuals.

Cons

Comp structure is bad. They give their recruiters a "draw" vs. a salary plus commission. Since I came on board, about 10 recruiters have left for in-house recruiting work, paying much more. It seems that the recruiters that have given it a year or more, never made more than their draws. Because of a draw, you are always having to "pay back" Prosum, thus always in the "red". For as hard as everyone works their butts off, it seems the "house" and the ones that have been here for 10+ years are the ONLY ones making any decent money (in excess of $100K per year). No real paid time off/vacation, as you are on a draw.

Advice to Management

Drop the "draw", give good salaries, paid vacation/sick time. You will also prevent Prosum from being a "revolving door", with about 1 recruiter leaving every month on average! It will also prevent people like myself, who has been putting in a lot of effort, from looking elsewhere!