Protect America - Micromanaged High Schoolers AKA General Care Dept | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Protect America

"Micromanaged High Schoolers AKA General Care Dept"

Current Employee - General Care in Austin, TX
Current Employee - General Care in Austin, TX

I have been working at Protect America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have a hard time picking Pros for this company. Maybe they try and appear to have a great atmosphere and sound like a fun company to work for. Benefits after 90 days. Some good supervisors

Cons

I worked at Protect America for almost a month.. Training was very dragged out and was always getting side tracked to irrelevant topics. I thought it was a joke when they said no one gets a lunch. That's right they truly value their employees happiness so they create a fun environment but you won't even get 30 minutes for a lunch. They do expect you to eat your food and be back at your desk within 15 minutes. The rules are extremely strict especially when it comes to your personal items no cell phones, no food unless it comes for their vending machines (I do question the legality of that) you won't get two days off in a row if you are new and don't expect to get your schedule until the day before the start of the week. You will constantly be micromanaged by those who aren't even your direct supervisor even when doing everything correctly.

Advice to Management

If upper management wants to stick by the rules they set then it should be all or nothing. Meaning the ecigs and vapor pens are okay but cell phones and snack food brought from home isn't? Don't threaten to take my personal belongings away. Treat your employees like humans and give them a lunch. Call center jobs are stressful I guarantee there would be a happy tone in most calls if employees were given time to destress halfway through their shift.

Other Employee Reviews for Protect America

"Great place to get your start in sales."

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Protect America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay potential and excellent sales training from supportive management.

Cons

There is favoritism and special treatment for sales members who clique with their team leader.

Advice to Management

Be unbiased and equally supportive to all sales team members for their hard work.

"Worst job I ever had"

Former Employee - Sales in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Round Rock, TX

I worked at Protect America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Made good money. Met some great people

Cons

Management sucked. Favoritism. Rude. Unethical. 20 min break for a 10 hour shift

Advice to Management

Leave