Proteus Technologies - It's an alright job | Glassdoor

"It's an alright job"

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff
Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff

Pros

Challenging work. Good pay. Nice Benefits. Gym's a plus.

Cons

eh. seems to be pretty similar to any other government contractor. If you've done it once it's pretty similar.

Advice to Management

Everyone was friendly, but if you're looking to grab new talent out of college you got to ease up. The pitch is good I'd say, just mellow out. No one can output quality work for 8 hours a day. If you're an engineer you'll get burned out too fast. So encourage the project through team work, but maybe allow some time for employees to be creative and contribute. Too many times i see just code monkeys and not engineers.

Other Employee Reviews for Proteus Technologies

1. "A great company"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Annapolis Junction, MD
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Annapolis Junction, MD

I worked at Proteus Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They let you go out on contract and didn't bother you too much. Managers were good about sharing info and keeping me up to date with company news

Cons

Not much - the company was a nice employer. Sometimes it was difficult/annoying to get over to the home office for meetings, but those were few and far between.

Advice to Management

Pay your people well and don't require us to attend meetings at the home office too often.

2. "It's only gotten better"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort George G Mead Junction, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Fort George G Mead Junction, MD

I have been working at Proteus Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The engineering staff at Proteus are top notch, and very technologically savvy. They go thru great pains to ensure they do not fall into the common practice of 'heart beat and a clearance'. They're interviews are tough, but once in your are part of the engineering best - working with the best. The staff is not arrogant, but rather very accommodating and fun. The culture here is one of the best I've experienced in my 8 years of doing software development. The work life balance is right now - thank you.

Cons

The largest problem is that their 401K plan is not as rich as other locations, however they're initially salary compensation more than makes up for it.

Advice to Management

Let engineers be engineers. You've created something magnificent here, please don't screw it up like other companies I've been to..