Protiviti - Some nice people, manipulative management and heavy travel | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Protiviti

"Some nice people, manipulative management and heavy travel"

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Protiviti full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some offices in California and Arizona have some really nice and smart people. Some of the clients and projects are fulfilling. There can be a good variety of projects, which is great. Projects can be fun and successful when you work with good engagement managing directors. The CEO seems genuine.

Cons

I am not fraternity/sorority person and do not live for my alma mater, so that is one strike out for me for a to culture fit. I have had a solid career for 10 years where this was never an issue and find the female human resources management to be more condescending to women than any man I have ever worked with, but very friendly to and favors the young male employees and executive management. Forced vacation at Christmas is a ridiculous way to treat employees who work their fingers to the bone year round and wait to take vacation with my kids and family during the summer.

Advice to Management

Your employees are not ignorant to the way you treat some people, including woman, very unfairly. It makes them uncomfortable and they are afraid to say anything about it. Many are biding their time until they get their bonus or a better job. remember that Arthur Anderson is gone for a reason. It would be a good time to shake up some of the stale administrative management if you want to keep the good people you have.

Other Employee Reviews for Protiviti

1. "Friendly, honest, caring and well-intentioned; too much red tape"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Protiviti as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Protivit, which is smaller than most of its competitors, considers itself to be 'like a family'. I have certainly found this to be the case. Recently I suffered a serious accident, and my employer could not have been more supportive or caring.

Cons

Despite marketing its size as a competitive advantage, (it claims to be more quickly responsive than its larger competitors), Protiviti still suffers from a weighty management system that often seem to slow down decision-making and involve a lot of reviewing and weighing in before changes are made.

"Not as excited as I thought, but I still learned a lot from this working experience"

Pros

develop interpersonal skills, be more detail-oriented

Cons

The daily is more about internal audit or internal control rather than management consulting.