Providence Health & Services - An excellent place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services

"An excellent place to work"

Current Employee - IT Help Desk in Portland, OR
Current Employee - IT Help Desk in Portland, OR

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent co-workers and friendly Envoirment

Cons

Nothing to really complain about.

Other Employee Reviews for Providence Health & Services

"Providence has changed a great deal over the years, and not for the better......."

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers
    Mission Statement
    Fairly easy to get time off when needed
    Family atmosphere

Cons

Pay not competitive with other health systems
    Way too many managers
    Benefit package not nearly as good as before
    Health insurance coverage expensive. Employee share of cost has increased the past 2 years.
    Huge turnover in lower management

Advice to Management

Value your employees more and recognize we've had to endure cutbacks in every area. Thanking us for our hard work would do wonders for morale.

"Providence does not, I repeat, DOES NOT care about contractors."

Current Contractor - Service Desk Tech in Beaverton, OR
    Current Contractor - Service Desk Tech in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Providence Health & Services as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

First I would like to start off by saying I'm not ranting here because I quit or got fired. I found a better job somewhere else that actually values their employee's life and now that I look back I couldn't ever see myself with Providence.

Cons

Let's see where to begin. First off, if you are a contractor be prepared to be treated sub human. Providence considers you a number on a budget and so does the management and other employees. They will fire you and replace you faster than you can get out the door.. I've seen it first hand and it out right disgusts me.

Also, if you think that working hard gets you to the top (as in hired on by Providence) you are sadly mistaken. There are contractors that have been there for over 2 years and promised by management they would soon be hired and then get fired over the PHONE. I'm not lying here folks.

My advice to any contractor is if you absolutely NEED a paycheck than take the job and during the down time apply for other jobs else where..

Hmm.. what else. Oh that's right. If you have a personal life than you can kiss that good bye. Management expects you to work overtime and if you don't than I promise you will not stick around. They need you to work Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat, Sun for your new schedule? You bet your ass you are going to work those hours.

I really could go on and on. Just trust me. When I got hired on every contractor there told me to get out. No one values their job.

Advice to Management

Advice?? LOL. Management wouldn't listen anyways.