Providence Health & Services - Nice place to work and great people to work with | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Providence Health & Services

"Nice place to work and great people to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Everett, WA
Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Everett, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We are helping people heal

Cons

Like any big company, I feel like I am run over a lot

Advice to Management

Little more

Other Employee Reviews for Providence Health & Services

"Lots of middle management and sniping coworkers."

Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Everett, WA

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A way to be of service to the local community

Cons

Very low pay for experience base, gossipy environment, lack of focus on patient care, sexism.

Advice to Management

There are many good examples of high functioning healthcare systems locally. Model yourselves after Group Health or the UWMC.

"A Revolving Door, Keep Looking and Don't Look Back..."

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time

Pros

PH&S is a top notch healthcare provider organization with exceptional patient care and state of the art equipment.

Cons

This review is focused on Admin only. I have never written a critique about an organization before but seriously compelled to do so about this one to bring awareness and prevent a qualified and otherwise professional job seeker from switching positions and then later on regretting it:

• there is lack of respect and professionalism in this admin support department located in north end responsible for preparing capital and operating budgets
    • leadership exists only in title [those that have leadership titles are warm bodies because they are incompetent at leading]
    • bullying exists [those that do it are also leaders]
    • leadership plays favorites – For example, select members of the team are chosen to participate in closed door meetings in which topic should be shared with entire team
    • open door culture does not exist –leadership spends majority of time with doors closed
    • aggressive and bullying employees are blindly allowed to sabotage other coworkers
    • no goal setting nor professional development occurs – [goes back to incompetent leadership]
    • leadership is critical to a fault yet provides no input [again this is due to incompetent leadership]
    • systems are old, antiquated and no training or growth opportunities exist

Some of these themes are prevalent in other’s reviews too and in my 20 plus years of professional experience (as another reviewer said too); I can honestly say that I have never been treated so poorly; a department is only as good as the people leading it.

The Extreme, Writing is on the Wall:
    • Go find your own projects – it’s up to you we don’t give you work to do demanded by one of the execs [who does this, this is redic -- Staff may be duplicating efforts, working on projects that are not in line with the organizational mission, etc). Clearly stated they don’t know what the heck they are doing.
    Simply put Do Not Play Nice. If you desire to work in a professional environment where leadership walks the talk, individuals are treated with respect and dignity, stability and growth opportunities exist, then seriously you should not waste your time with this organization.

Advice to Management

It's easy to do what you want, but it's hard to do the right thing