Providence Health & Services - Great place to work to be the catalyst to help Humanity! | Glassdoor
  1. "Great place to work to be the catalyst to help Humanity!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Recruiter in Renton, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been a recruiter for 21 years, having worked as a 3rd party agency recruiter for 20 years. Working at Providence as a Senior Recruiter is the first time I have worked internally. Working for a faith- based non-profit is quite different than working in the for-profit corporate world…and this is a good thing. Providence is all about the mission to help humanity. I am not a doctor and I am not an engineer but I think I am a pretty decent Recruiter. It is very motivating to me to know what I am recruiting folks who are utilizing Big Data technology to do predictive analytics to find cures for chronic illnesses such as cancer, diabetes and heart disease. If I recruit someone who ends up providing a certain bit of data that finds the cure for cancer for instance, I will have great satisfaction in knowing that I may have been the catalyst in helping out in that process. It is great to be a productive part of something that is bigger than myself. Providence is a great place to work! We have true work-life balance here. You will not get financially rich working here like you may working in a for-profit software company. However, we do pay fairly for the work you do here and the benefits are fantastic! Folks who want as much money as possible need to go work for Amazon, Microsoft or other software firms dejour. Then when you burn out from all the long hours you work and the stress that the job demands and you have to then pay for a resulting divorce you may realize that the more modest pay you will get at Providence is more in line with the stress-free life that you deserve. I work an honest 40 to 45 hour work week with a team that is very friendly and supportive. I have worked in a for profit environment before and I have already ridden the financial and emotional roller-coaster….I decided I had enough and I am now blessed to work here at Providence. There are folks who work here that are in their mid 20s to mid 60s in age and are all very mature. There are no cliques, very professional folks who are motivated by supporting our mission to help the poor and the vulnerable. I am in my 40s now and I only wish I had realized sooner the benefits of working here when I was in my 30s.

Cons

Does not pay as well as for profit organizations do. However, if you are at a point in your life where you can scale back a bit on compensation in return for a better work/life balance and far less stress then this is the place for you!

Advice to Management

Keep on hiring folks who's focus is supporting the mission and not on how much money they can make. Find ways ro get the word out that this is a great place to work .

Providence Health & Services2016-01-07
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - PHARMACY BUYER

I worked at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Managers are very nice and helpful.

Cons

Not enough help on certain days to finish job.

Providence Health & Services2019-07-31
  2. "Good company but constant layoffs"

Current Employee - Aircraft Maintenance Planner in Renton, WA

I have been working at Providence Health & Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good work life balance. Great mission. Great teams and good benefits.

Cons

Too much growth in a short time leading to constant lay offs. My whole department got outsourced to Asia. Unstable environment. Horrible top leadership, they never consider employees inputs before making any level of change.

Providence Health & Services2020-01-23

Discover more reviews about Providence Health & Services.