Provident New York Bancorp - Good for the initial recent changes have hurt the morale of the employees | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Provident New York Bancorp

"Good for the initial recent changes have hurt the morale of the employees"

Current Employee - Business Manager in Suffern, NY
Current Employee - Business Manager in Suffern, NY

I have been working at Provident New York Bancorp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Long time community Bank Loyal customer base

Cons

hateful- mid management who doesn,t care about employees but themselves

Advice to Management

be mindful of your branch employees or you will pay a big price

Other Employee Reviews for Provident New York Bancorp

1. "Provident bank Relationship Banker II"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, MD

I have been working at Provident New York Bancorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training, when there was new things to be learned. I took advantage of training classes and potential growth.

Cons

Very unprofessional, the staff was very young. There was no potential to grow. I would never bank there. They was once provident bank. Now there M&T. That says a lot

Advice to Management

They need more training than the tellers. My manager was dumb as a door n
    Knob. She relayed on the tellers to do her work. And I am a true believer that its not what you know it's who you know because she should have never had that position very unhealthy work environment.

2. "Awesome Place To Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Montebello, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Montebello, NY

I have been working at Provident New York Bancorp full-time

Pros

Provident has been transforming itself in the past year or so to take a more agressive stance towards sales and customer service. Teamwork is encouraged and everyone is friendly. Results are coming thorugh and the Street is recognizing this by being able to raise capital easily as well as getting positive ratings from analysts. I believe we are in more bigger and better things from the bank. Customer products and services are top notch and the bank which inlcudes management is very customer centric.

Cons

Could look into expanding ATM network by joining an ATM network like Allpoint.

Advice to Management

Look into better employee engagement at the lower ranks. Maybe by having a quarterly meeting with all bank staff recognizing goal makers as well as any news, plans, promotions, new employees, etc. This will make all employees feel like they are in touch.