KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

great company to work for

Sep 9, 2021 - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great company culture and nice benefits

Cons

quickly growing no cons for me yet

Be the first to find this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your time at PubNub so far.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Mar 4, 2021 - Software Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well managed and fun workplace

Cons

Sometimes lack of communication between departments

Be the first to find this review helpful

HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Company has potential. Not so sure about leadership.

Feb 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generally cool folks to work with - this definitely started going downhill. Technology is great and even without good leadership it'll continue to get adopted. Office was cool but you realize after going remote how much you worked there because of the office and the people rather than excitement about the company. The culture really is awesome and Todd is the first CEO I've met who actually cares, but once we went remote, in my opinion, the company hasn't been able to keep that alive.

Cons

It feels like the leaders in charge of growing the company have no idea how to do it. There's a lot of experimentation and little strategy work, instead indexing into tactics as if we're in a growth hacking stage rather than creating sustainable growth. Expectations are not clearly communicated and normally that's par for the course for startups but unlike most startups, here you're not empowered to do something about it. No room for ideation, and a rote focus on hitting the numbers. Boring...

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your experience working at PubNub. We take feedback seriously and have shared your comments with our leadership team. Like many companies, we are doing our best to shift what used to be an office-focused workplace to being fully remote. We realize there is room for constant improvement as we navigate this new landscape and we are always interested in hearing additional ideas and feedback from our team members, which we continue to implement as we go and learn. If you care to share more, we happily welcome you to reach out to HR or any of our executives.

Discover more reviews about PubNub.