Public Company Accounting Oversight Board - I see lots of improvements | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Public Company Accounting Oversight Board

"I see lots of improvements"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Public Company Accounting Oversight Board full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Warm, friendly, inviting place to work. Mission is important, company is growing, workloads are reasonable, flexible schedules, and pay/benefits are very good. Great location on K Street is enhanced by telecommuting/scheduling flexibility. I am glad I joined PCAOB. Much better than the Big 4 - I got to use all of my (1st year) 7 weeks PTO!

Cons

The organization is only ten years old and has had some growing pains, but I see leadership making significant changes that could easily transform this place into a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Keep asking employees questions and listening to employee responses. Keep making changes to improve based on what you hear.

Other Employee Reviews for Public Company Accounting Oversight Board

1. "QUANGO gone wild"

Former Contractor - HRIS Program Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - HRIS Program Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Public Company Accounting Oversight Board as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They are at the center of corporate responsibility management and have, in their short life, initiated substantial positive change in the reporting of corporate finances.

Cons

The are overly documentation crazy while at the same time possess an organizational lack of view to the big picture and how to effectively manage the people in the organization.

Advice to Management

Breathe.

"PCAOB is a great place to work with smart people without working the Big 4 firm hours"

Current Employee - Systems Engineerections Specialist III in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Engineerections Specialist III in Dallas, TX

Pros

Work with heavily experienced professionals/CPAs; adequate time provided to perform deep dive reviews into audit and accounting issues; travel to interesting cities in U.S. and internationally; opportunity to become familiar with and evaluate differences in audit methodologies across the large CPA firms; flexible work hours

Cons

Travel can be demanding at times; expect 20% to 35% travel each year; no retirement plan (except for 401k plan)--PCAOB matches 401k contributions but you don't have the same level of retirement security as do partners at the large firms.

Advice to Management

None--Great place to work