Public Consulting Group - Great place to cut your teeth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Public Consulting Group

"Great place to cut your teeth"

Former Employee - Production Support Manager in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Production Support Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Public Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will learn a lot, you will be tested, and you will come out ahead of the game. At least that's how it worked out for me. To anyone in IT I would say working at PCG could be a great opportunity to expand your skill set and gain exposure to an enormously heterogeneous infrastructure that you won't see at other similarly sized companies. Your soft skills will be refined and developed in ways they won't be at many other places.

Cons

If you are thin skinned, sensitive, insecure or otherwise unable to handle a complex and demanding work culture then you might not like it, but then again if you would describe yourself with any of those terms you might be in the wrong business. If you stay here longer than 3-5 years you are doing yourself a serious disservice. The company isn't interested in developing and retaining IT talent.

Advice to Management

None really, what they're doing seems to be working just fine for them.

Other Employee Reviews for Public Consulting Group

"Mission driven company in the private sector"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Public Consulting Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people
    Attentive and accessible leadership
    Top-down commitment to serving public sector clients
    Projects have a strong sense of purpose

Cons

Tendency to be pulled in many directions since teams are not dedicated to projects
    Travel can be unpredictable
    Although compensation has been adjusted recently, still lower than competing firms in the area

"The Opportunity is what you make it."

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Public Consulting Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with PCG now for more than ten years. I started at the bottom and made several moves through the company before reaching the position of Director. It wasn't easy. I had to work for it. PCG gave me many opportunities and each time I rose to the challenge. I didn't wait for them to hand things to me. I made my own path and was rewarded for it.

PCG is full of rewarding career opportunities. Each year the company takes a step forward. It evolves and learns from its mistakes. Have an idea to make things better? Stand up and be heard. They do listen.

Now you will hear that IT has struggled to keep pace with current technologies. And that was true. But things are really changing in this area. The staff has doubled and old staff members have been re-energized with the help of a new CIO and a major investment in infrastructure.

Cons

Communication of news and events within the company is sparce.

Advice to Management

Invest in communication tools to increase collaboration within and across offices.