Public Storage - The only reason why I would spend time typing this review is to get full site access :) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

"The only reason why I would spend time typing this review is to get full site access :)"

I worked at Public Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ZERO!!!! and I mean absolutely none whatsoever other than its a job.

Cons

Upper management is awful. Our DM once told a woman on a conference call he was going to plant his seed in her. And then followed it up moments later by telling her she should strap one on. To be a District manager all you need is a high school degree.....In actuality a DM in this company is the equivalent to an assistant manager at a convenience store with a pair of bolt cutters. I'd like to say something positive about the customer interaction. But honestly they are all liars and scum bags with a seldom encounter with a pleasant individual. Apologies for poor sentence structure or grammar, just buzzed this out to get access. This company should be avoided. Should have known when on my interview the manager asked me are you sure you want this job.

Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage

"Very slow, very micro managed,. .."

Former Employee - Property Manager in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Public Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not bad money for very easy work. Benefits are okay. If you don't mind sitting most of the day, it's probably the job for you. Maybe great for a retired person.

Cons

You have to memorize these crazy scripts. Working alone. Very boring. You have to leave the building on your break. Which just seems odd. The uniforms are awful.

Advice to Management

Look for another company to work for.

"unappreciated"

Current Employee - Prop Manager in Hanover Park, IL
    Current Employee - Prop Manager in Hanover Park, IL

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No one breathing down your neck all day.

Cons

We are pushed and pushed and pushed to sell. We are reprimanded when we don't get a lock sale with a rental. They think we are lying to them when the customer won't buy boxes with a rental. WE are the ONLY ones who bring in ANY revenue, yet we are treated like second-class citizens and the company keeps reducing our bonus program. Upper management lives like kings while we struggle to make ends meet. The new bonus programs says the company expects "40%" of "eligible managers" to earn a bonus. Wowee! That means they expect 60% WON'T??? How encouraging! The DMs and higher get four times the bonus money we get, and we do all of the work bringing in the $$. Disgusting!

Advice to Management

Show us we are appreciated and give us encouragement, instead of always reprimanding us for what we didn't do or accomplish. Morale is very very low.