Public Storage - Disappointing Big-Corporate Profits Mindset | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

"Disappointing Big-Corporate Profits Mindset"

I worked at Public Storage full-time

Pros

Stable company, financially profitable, good benefits, accrued time off.

Cons

Extremely low 11$/hr pay for extensive duties expected, no time to use time off, flavor of the month type management with constantly changing expectations, extremely micromanaged and dictated on all levels. No real feedback or compromise allowed from employees. 40% employee turnover ratio for company. No room to grow within company if successful.

Advice to Management

Listen to feedback and performance improvement ideas from the ground level workers. Maintain positive environment that encourages and rewards success monetarily. Don't demand unrealistic sales goals. Shareholders' wishes should be balanced with employee needs and reality.

Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage

""We Care"....... About Lining Our Pockets!"

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The option of a company apartment is a nice pro but good luck getting one.... the waitlist on them is very long! Most of the coworkers are very nice as well.

Cons

Ahh..... Where do I start?! Scripts, scripts, scripts and sell, sell, sell. That's all upper management ever says. There are literally 10-15 scripts to memorize.... and yes you will be tested on it and your bonus will depend on it... good luck being one of the 40% that even get a bonus though! Employees are also evaluated monthly on how many customers we can sucker in to buying a ridiculously overpriced lock and boxes. Any local hardware or home improvement store sells the same lock and boxes at a small fraction of the cost. But if we don't sell them, we are disciplined and it goes down in the record so they can ding your bonus. Oh and good luck taking vacation or personal time. Te company has restricted it so that in the summer months it's next to impossible to take a paid vacation with your family. They've "blacked out" several weeks where employees cannot use personal time. The company's we care slogan is totally bogus. Customers are deceived and tricked. Employees are instructed to quote you a low price over the phone and then tack all the extras (lock, insurance, merchandise) on when you get there which brings your move in total to nearly double what we quote you. Long time customers receive rent increases almost every 6 months. It is not uncommon to find a customer paying double or triple the going rate for a unit. It's a total bait and switch operation they have going. And if the manager tells you that break ins and flooding are not a common issue, it is a flat out lie. I've been with the company less than a year and I don't plan on making my one year review! Awful company to work for!

Advice to Management

Employees that feel valued will work harder for a company that appreciates them and we as employees would appreciate not violating our consciences everytime we lie to a customer.

2. "Call center - well run -- kinda depressing."

Pros

It was a simple job, low level. Corporate structure seemed solid, promotion and training equally so.

Cons

any cons were on the technology side -- but I'm sure that's all changed by now.