Public Storage - Overall, very good place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

"Overall, very good place to work"

I have been working at Public Storage full-time

Pros

Competitive compensation, excellent quaility of life

Cons

Limited opportunity, challenging customers, little opportunity for hourly employees

Advice to Management

Stop damaging the product with over zealous cost controls

Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage

"Treat people the way you want to be treated!"

Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager
    Former Employee - Resident Property/Manager

I worked at Public Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lived on site. Had job when needing a job and was able to exist.

Cons

Where to start? No living wage. Took away all holidays, longer hours on Sundays, chipped away at benefits, treated employees like they were idiots, made employees kowtow to their wishes, micromanaged, reviews never would allow a 5 on a 1-5 scale stating a 5 was impossible for "anyone" to achieve, blamed employee if people came in with their own locks, based bonuses on differing criteria each month, making it impossible to know which criteria was important. Life as a live on manager was 24.7 with people knocking on the door of ones apt and screaming and yelling at being locked out, or being locked in because they did not get out on time, dealing with policemen being called and alarms going off all the time and people urinating and defecating on the property.

Advice to Management

Come and be a manager for a week and see what your people go through before you judge what a manager goes through each day. Take your salary and divvy it out to your managers and give them raises and also good healthcare. The "discount healthplan" cannot insure your employees will even be alive the next year...and oh yes....do not build your buildings on toxic waste dumps either.

"Going downhill!"

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Public Storage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Steady hours (no more, no less)! No one breath under your neck! Definitely keep you physically and mentally strong with daily demands and routines. Gain customer service skill!

Cons

Greedy corporation, moral and ethic are no longer exist in their dictionary. All they care about is the numbers. High expectations, but run your own show without help. Cut bonus & cut PTO, under pay for what you deserved. Become a robot, live on scripts!

Advice to Management

Regional manager, please stop micro-managing on district managers, they need authority & power to handle their daily job. We need our DM to assist customer when issue occurred, instead of, waiting forever for approval from upper-management. Please rethink our 'WE CARE' sign that sit at our counter! And ask yourself again...Is it how we do business?