Public Storage - Great company, great opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Public Storage

"Great company, great opportunities"

Current Employee - Regional Manager
Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Never before have I worked for a company that places such a high value in fostering a positive work/life balance.

Teamwork plays a big part in the success of this company. It's nice to know that when you need a little help, your peers will always be there to assist you.

There are endless opportunities for advancement. I have been with Public Storage for five years. During that time I have worked hard and have been promoted twice. Hard work and dedication are valued and rewarded.

Cons

You have to possess strong time management skills to keep up with the work-load and fast pace of this industry. Flexibility and adaptability are essential in this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing...it's working!

Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage

1. "Never a dull moment!"

Former Employee - Property Manager in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Culver City, CA

I worked at Public Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Same job daily, but interaction with different people from walks of life daily, which I enjoyed.

Cons

I didn't like cleaning the restrooms. :{

Advice to Management

Let your valued employees move up within the company. By only hiring people from he outside for corporate positions are somewhat disheartening.

"Public Storage, the Walmart of the Storage industry."

Former Employee - Property Manager in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Manassas, VA

I worked at Public Storage full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you own PS stock, they are doing great. As a field employee though the best I can say is that working for Public Storage is no more than a transitional job until a better once comes along.

Cons

Below average pay for the job requirements. Field employee benefits are constantly changing and not always for the better. Weekend and many holidays are considered mandatory work days for employees. No overtime, even if you work more than 8 hours, the Regional Manager will tell the District Manager to have the employee take off early or come in late on a day they are double covered. No back up from management against iiate customers who are angry with company policy, than they are with the employees for following policy.

Advice to Management

Since Ron Havner took over, there really is no advice to give that Ron would listen too unless I was a majority share holder. So I will pass...