Public Storage - Happy DM | Glassdoor

"Happy DM"

I have been working at Public Storage full-time

Pros

Love the job. Best I've ever had. Lots of flexibility. Great place to work.

Cons

Lock cuts are rough on your body.

Advice to Management

Keep being positive and sharing.

Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage

1. "Large storage unit, inside, temperature controlled."

Pros

Chuck, the manager, which almost all of my connection was with is a GOD SEND! Gracious, kind, patient, understanding, personable and above and beyond the call of duty regarding integrity. Yesterday, I came in with multiple problems and he found ways to resolve and continue to help me out. Public Storage couldn't do better with this employee!!!

Cons

Costly, but standard for the storage unit needed.
    It is tough on the budget.

"Property Manager"

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

hours aren't bad, not too early nor to late (9:30a-6pm on weekdays) (weekends 9:30a-5pm)

Cons

everything!! you start getting paid at $10hr but do everything at the property....from cleaning units, picking leaves, picking up abandon goods, doing rentals, selling over priced merchandise, forcing the customer to buy insurance when most of the time insurance doesn't cover anything. have reports ready for DM, prepare auction paper work, deal with customer that our extremely stress due to a foreclosure, divorce,death in family, moving, etc...your also a collections agency calling every single customer through the month......and mind you everything that i have mentioned is ok, i dont mind it, but get ready it gets even better.....dont you dare not sell an over priced lock to a new customer, or you will hear about it until the next month. a public storage lock cost $20 you can buy one at home depot for $7 walmart for $10 etc.....same with insurance, they want all customer to have insurance so they kinda force us shove it down the customers throat....saying its "required" but yes its not mandatory...and the sad part is that when an incident does happen the insurance will never come thorugh for what the customer really lost. sorry am not money hungry i do have a heart for my customers!! they expect you to memorize around 20 scripts and they want it word for word!!! and will make you do it over ad over again....make sure you get along with your boss if not he will call you on the spot to role play the useless scripts....scripts to do a rental, scripts to sell merchandise, scrit to take payment, script to make calls and leave message...and i can go on and on...in all honesty AVOID this place....and let me add i was also and onsite manager DO NOT take the apartment...they wil own you and expect everything from you and if you do something wrong they will threat you right away.....once again...stay away from this company..they dont take care of the employee when we make all the money. bonuses get smaller and smaller..when you apply (i pray you dont) bonuses probably wont exist..with all the unrealistic goals, we are set up for failure......do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.....

Advice to Management

drop the scripts,humans have emotions we are not robots. not all conversation go like you corp guys expect. pay the employee more and cut from DM...in all reality they dont do much but pressure us....keep the employee happy and you will have a successful company..in your case and even more successful company