Public Storage - Many Growth Opportunities | Glassdoor

"Many Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Burbank, CA
Current Employee - Human Resources in Burbank, CA

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Public Storage provides a great Work/Life balance, with offerings in benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, supplemental insurance, and more), 401k with company match, PTO, sick leave, bereavement and bonus opportunities. The management team helps find ways for their employees to grow within the Company and their careers.

Cons

I do not have any cons to mention.

Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage

"This company asked me to write a good review to raise their approval rating."

Current Employee - New DM in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - New DM in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Salary for DM's and above
    Some of the people you work with are very nice, but only some.
    I cannot come up with any more Pros.

Cons

Property managers are paid poverty wages
    Around 20 scripts that have to be memorized word for word
    HR asked several new DM's to write reviews to raise the approval rating. That in itself is just poor.
    Leadership is just awful and they lie, cheat and steal and yet you cannot say a thing or you will lose your job.
    Gossip is out of control.
    This company lacks integrity all the way through the CEO

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your field
    Stop saying you puke cash and pay your filed team 9.50.
    Evaluate your DM's, RM's and your Divisional's. They are hiding the truth to protect them self.
    Stop the turnover, it is ridiculous.

"My time at Public Storage"

Former Employee - Relief Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Relief Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Public Storage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you like to multi-task this would be a good fit. Good learning environment for a young person who still lives with his parents and going to school.

Cons

Over my six years with PS I have seen many tactics that are not consumer friendly. Trying to get people to buy two locks if the door has that type of hasp and of course insurance. The employees have a lot of pressure put on them to sell the insurance, including management. The insurance PS offers has the lowest claim pay out in the industry. PS does have a bonus-incentive plan that has changed over the past few years to the degree that only 60% of the property people are eligible and of course the performance levels are raised every year so if you can't get 85% insurance sales how are you going to get 87%. The vacation time has also changed, many companies have a limit to the hours you can accrue, but PS come November will cash out your hours in excess of 40 hours with the fraise "Just In Time For The Holiday's". No kidding. The pay is low for the demands of the job and their is no opportunity for advancement from the property level. That would be the definition of a dead end job.

Advice to Management

Their is no need to offer anything here Ron Havner the chairman of the board and ceo has no regard for the people working the properties and if he can squeeze a nickel from them he will to satisfy the share holders.