Public Storage - Refreshing | Glassdoor

"Refreshing"

I have been working at Public Storage full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people I get to work with on a daily basis make my job rewarding and keep me coming back with a renewed energy every day. I learn something new each day but also get to teach something to someone which for me is a win win.

Cons

The technology used is outdated and to get help from the help desk hotline can be frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Don't forget about the people on the front line that deal with the customers each and every day.

Other Employee Reviews for Public Storage

1. "Good work-life balance"

I have been working at Public Storage full-time

Pros

Able to have a balance between work and family - don't have to work extended hours.

Cons

Not a company that focuses on employee development.

Advice to Management

Develop your people so that they can advance to the next level - otherwise the risk is losing good employees who know a lot about the company.

"These reviews are inaccurate..."

Former Employee - Relief Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Relief Manager in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Public Storage part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They worked with my school schedule and allowed me to work part-time. And they transferred my higher pay from the bay area when I moved.

Cons

This company is cheap, they don't fix anything yet they build more properties with 4,000+ units. Their technology is outdated. They do not care about their employees when they need to take a leave of absence or have a death in the family. They do not care about their customers and put property managers an a place that requires them to break the rules in order to make their customers happy. No one is paid enough compared to other storage companies and we are just robots to them spitting out scripts that don't work. No company advancement. You can only go from relief to property manager and can never advance to a district manager no matter how good of an employee you are. Way too much stress for such a low paying job.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees, respect them and treat them like human beings. You are not better than anyone just because you hold a higher position in the company.