Publix - IF you are dedicated, energetic. willing to work weekends and holidays this can easily be a career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Publix

"IF you are dedicated, energetic. willing to work weekends and holidays this can easily be a career"

Current Employee - Produce in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Produce in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Publix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Possibility of promotion is easy.
training is superior.
benefits for part time associates.
long term job stability.
ultra flexible hours if needed.
professional, gigantic company that follows all national laws. This help us little people

Cons

Most managers are rude and lazy. (maybe because they got burned out)
no longer provide dollar extra on holidays or sundays.
High pressure job around certain times of the year.

Advice to Management

SM's DM's and RD's should keep a much closer eye on department managers as most are horrific.
bring back sunday and holiday extra pay.
Listen to employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Publix

1. "Very great experience learned great responsibility and how to manage fellow associates"

Former Employee - SIP SELECTOR in Dacula, GA
    Former Employee - SIP SELECTOR in Dacula, GA

I worked at Publix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

fortune 500 company, great benefits, warm meal everyday, great bonuses. Good infrastructure

Cons

strict policies on zero tolerance

Advice to Management

get more in tuned with every associate and be more aware of how to improve work conditions

2. "If you don't plan on staying, I say keep searching."

Current Employee - Front Service Clerk in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Front Service Clerk in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Publix part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you desire to go up the ladder, you will if you try. Free item at the beginning of the month. If you find the right store, they've got the "Publix spirit," if you really get into your job. My particular manager that hired me did so with me having no work experience whatsoever, which I am grateful for. Great choice of benefits if you're full time; however even part-time associates can purchase stock only after a year of employment. Easy to access schedule and request time off. When you apply at the application center in one Publix, it sends it to many within 20 miles or so of the one in which you originally applied.

Cons

The part-time employees don't so much get a chance to get all of the good stuff on the benefits. If you're part-time you absolutely cannot work more than 40 hours in a week. Unless you want to close and have to stay until almost midnight a lot of nights, you don't get a lot of hours because closing shifts give you more hours. No discounts on anything, nada. Also they're pretty inconsistent with their management because how well a store is managed fluctuates pretty bad.

Advice to Management

Provide discounts for your employees. Think more of the seemingly insignificant roles. Focus more on keeping the management in each individual store consistent. Also, I love how you keep the stock accessible to only employees and make it available only after a year of employment, possibly one of your best decisions as a company, wonderful idea and setup.