Publix - If you don't plan on staying, I say keep searching. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Publix

"If you don't plan on staying, I say keep searching."

Current Employee - Front Service Clerk in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Front Service Clerk in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Publix part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you desire to go up the ladder, you will if you try. Free item at the beginning of the month. If you find the right store, they've got the "Publix spirit," if you really get into your job. My particular manager that hired me did so with me having no work experience whatsoever, which I am grateful for. Great choice of benefits if you're full time; however even part-time associates can purchase stock only after a year of employment. Easy to access schedule and request time off. When you apply at the application center in one Publix, it sends it to many within 20 miles or so of the one in which you originally applied.

Cons

The part-time employees don't so much get a chance to get all of the good stuff on the benefits. If you're part-time you absolutely cannot work more than 40 hours in a week. Unless you want to close and have to stay until almost midnight a lot of nights, you don't get a lot of hours because closing shifts give you more hours. No discounts on anything, nada. Also they're pretty inconsistent with their management because how well a store is managed fluctuates pretty bad.

Advice to Management

Provide discounts for your employees. Think more of the seemingly insignificant roles. Focus more on keeping the management in each individual store consistent. Also, I love how you keep the stock accessible to only employees and make it available only after a year of employment, possibly one of your best decisions as a company, wonderful idea and setup.

Other Employee Reviews for Publix

1. "Amazing, Love Working for Publix"

Current Employee - Casjoer in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Casjoer in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Publix part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get paid to chat up football, and anything else with 100 people a day. 10 min break every 2 hours.

Cons

On your feet for 8 hours. It gets redundant, and tiresome on your body.

Advice to Management

My managers are awesome. They give you critique that will help you become a manager making $70-$120k/ year

2. "Customer Service at the storefront"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Pembroke Pines, FL

I worked at Publix part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Young individuals can learn valuable lessons and skills from this job especially like organization, tolerance, loyalty, and customer service.

Cons

Management is not the most organized and the continuous change in the customer service managers is difficult to deal with.

Advice to Management

The managers should communicate more with each other and focus more on their job instead of casually talking with one another.