Publix - Greatest place to acquire and master professional customer service skills | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Publix

"Greatest place to acquire and master professional customer service skills"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Leader in Cape Coral, FL
Current Employee - Customer Service Team Leader in Cape Coral, FL

I have been working at Publix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very flexible, pay is above average in the grocery industry, the work environment is very friendly, and there is opportunity for advancement. Great company to have attached to your resume.

Cons

Total income is limited. No educational support past bachelor's degree. Company is becoming increasingly "institutionalized." continuous customer contact may become stressful over time. Schedules, pay raises and introduction compensation is sporadic and even unfair. Plethora of nepotism throughout company

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate how employees are paid to create fairness and justification for compensation. Communication between employees and management must increase.

Other Employee Reviews for Publix

1. "great company"

Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Publix part-time (More than a year)

Pros

family oriented is what Publix is all about

Cons

none that I can think of

Advice to Management

none that I can think of

2. "Employees are not as valued as they were years ago and management doesn't seem to care anymore."

Pros

Benefits, close to home, very nice co-workers, paid weekly

Cons

Often left to fend for yourself even if you've only been there for 1 day on the job. Orientation was fantasy, the reality is that you will rarely have time to use bathroom if at all through entire shift, often "forget" or don't care if employees have had scheduled, required breaks and you will work past your scheduled time most of the week. I can count on one hand how many times I actually got off when I was scheduled to leave. Ok if you don't have a life but, if you have family or children to pick-up it can be very problematic with child care.