Publix - Very great company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Publix

"Very great company to work for."

Current Employee - Front Service Clerk in Valrico, FL
Current Employee - Front Service Clerk in Valrico, FL

I have been working at Publix part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every one treats you like family there. It was very easy to just start working there. Everyone is nice to each other, helps each other out and we all work together.

Cons

I think the only downside to working at Publix is that you don't get employee discount. But that's a minor thing I can overlook. There are many more benefits for working here.

Advice to Management

Maybe think about adding an employee discount, though? Hmm?

Other Employee Reviews for Publix

1. "There was great days, but it was mainly decent."

Former Employee - Customer Service Staff in Weston, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Staff in Weston, FL

I worked at Publix part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Met some very interesting people. Had "regular customers," who appreciated my work and knew me by name. Countless times would people come up to me in public and recognize me from work. No set schedules so everyone gets to have random weekends off.

Cons

Some of the customers and managment would ruin your day. When you get a bad manager, or two, or three in the same store, it makes you want to pull your hair out. Most of the people (except for those trying to make a career out of it) have been there 5-20 years and get lazy, including management.

Advice to Management

Treat your job like you did the first week you started. Try to actually CARE about your staff, instead of just focusing on their mistakes. Motivate. Captivate. Don't insinuate.

2. "You meet people from all walks of life."

Current Employee - Cashier in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Publix part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get to meet people from all walks of life, share you similarities and your differences, and it you get acquainted with a "neighborhood" of "regulars" from all walks of life, some of which are your friends, some of which are your family, some of which you will meet tomorrow.

Cons

I don't like standing in one place for too long, Cashiering is not the easiest job, but not the toughest, but it has the possibility to take a toll on your back if you don't know the proper stretching techniques and have a good Chiropractor, being able to Coordinate the front gives you the opportunity to move around much more.

Advice to Management

YOU meet managers from all walks of live.