Publix - I love working for Publix at store 213. We are a great team and a strong family unit ! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Publix

"I love working for Publix at store 213. We are a great team and a strong family unit !"

Current Employee - Cashier, Aprons in Pembroke Pines, FL
Current Employee - Cashier, Aprons in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at Publix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Above quality products, educated and caring managers and assistant managers, and a real team atmosphere. We have great customers and great dedicated employees.

Cons

Low pay, part time employment = no full medical insurance only vision and dental...

Advice to Management

Some of us really need and want to work full time. I don't want to feel forced to leave a job I love and am committed to because I can't pay my bills.

Other Employee Reviews for Publix

1. "Great company with great benefits"

Current Employee - Network Analyst in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Network Analyst in Lakeland, FL

I have been working at Publix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, wonderful people. The greatest company to work for and be a part of a great team.

Cons

None so far because the benefits, compensation, the people are all great to work for and there have been no problems.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Fairly solid, good corporate culture"

Former Employee - Cashier in Kathleen, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Kathleen, GA

I worked at Publix part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clean; good training; at the time I was paid above minimum wage as a part-time high school student ($7/hr. in 2007 when minimum wage was $5.15); was not expected to go beyond my job description; they built up a solid corporate culture without being overly obnoxious--as a cashier, I was part of the immediate corporate culture, but the background was there; for full-time workers the company offered nice perks.

Cons

No employee discount--it would have been nice if there had been even a small 5%-10% discount, since Publix can be expensive.

Advice to Management

If you haven't already, please change those hideous sea green vests. Vest are useful; the color, not so much.