Publix - Great place to work for ownership and benefits. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Publix

"Great place to work for ownership and benefits."

I have been working at Publix full-time

Pros

You work to own part of the company. There are a lot of great people to work for and with.

Cons

Long hours, all weekends and holidays.

Other Employee Reviews for Publix

"Don't Take the Job Too Serious"

Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Part Time Cashier in Gainesville, FL

I worked at Publix part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly, can't say there were many pros to the job besides it provided a pay check and the pay was pretty decent. Also, the benefits are nice, but only after you worked there for a year.

Cons

Where to begin... The scheduling was horrendous because it was never consistent from week-to-week. Also, they always liked to change it on Oasis overnight, then call you asking where you are, when you weren't initially scheduled for that day.

If you take pride in your work and like to put your best foot forward, it isn't worth your effort. You get no recognition, and you only get "treated like everyone else."

If you want this to be your career or long-term employment, get used to bending backwards for them a lot.

Advice to Management

Inform your employees when the schedule is changed. Do no just give the auto-response, "You should have checked Oasis." When class is cancelled or there are alterations to the schedule, our professors take it upon themselves to inform the class.

2. "Good job for college student"

Former Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Publix part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a good job for college because they are very flexible with hours

Cons

After college I tried very hard to get promoted into a full time position, eve after giving 6 and a half years and receiving stellar reviews I was always passed over for promotion and lied to. For an entire year they told me I would be moving up soon, I just had to be patient. Then, when I was getting married they didnt wanna give me the day off. I quit, I'm sick of their crap.

Advice to Management

Quit lying and don't expect your Publix to function well when you schedule a skeleton crew to do the same job needed with more workers. Also, don't expect me to constantly stay late if I'm going to be treated like garbage. So glad I got my degree and I don't have to work there anymore.