Publix - Secure but strenuous | Glassdoor

"Secure but strenuous"

Current Employee - Meat Cutter Apprentice in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Meat Cutter Apprentice in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Publix part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking for a company that gives pretty much anyone an opportunity to build a career, look no more. They are selective when hiring, but once in the door just show you are dedicated and you can make it all the way to the top.

Benefits are worthwhile and competitive with other similar employers.

Cons

It takes some a very long time to get to full time status. Is you struggle financially and might have to get a second job, forget about working here; the new OASIS scheduling system makes it impossible to do just that. From one week to the next, your schedule will NEVER be the same, even the hours of the day in which you work. Try telling them you can only work certain days, or times of the day and your hours will be reduced drastically. I've seen this happen to numerous employees at numerous locations.

Raises consist of $0.10 -$0.25 increases every 6mo to a year. It is pathetic and will take you 15-25 years to reach your maximum rate of pay.

Advice to Management

Management needs to take a stand and stop working for Chinese overtime. Your misery is coming down on the associates that work under you.

Corporate - try working in a store to understand the effects of the decisions made. And your Associate Voice Survey does' thrive us a chance to "voice" a detailed opinion on any of the real issues at the store level.

Other Employee Reviews for Publix

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Cocoa Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Deli Clerk in Cocoa Beach, FL

I worked at Publix part-time (More than a year)

Pros

good deli, meat dept and produce

Cons

They don't hire f/t, if you work over 30 hours a week they complain, cheap hourly pay. If you worked for publix 6 years or longer you would have had f/t and the company would have taken care of you but as a p/t they don't care

Advice to Management

hire f/t so people can get benefits, pay more money hourly so people can make a living!!

2. "Good to start"

Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Grocery Clerk in Miami, FL

I have been working at Publix part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Willing to Growth, since the beginning guy who interview me tell me that I have opportunities to growth, not all companies tell you that in the very interview . Good people , nice guys working there.

Cons

shifting schedule, but once you work hard and show your responsability they give you a better schedule.