Publix - Retirement | Glassdoor

"Retirement"

Current Employee - Management in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - Management in Nashville, TN

Pros

Retirement benefits used to be fair and unbasised. Stock was basied on us not the DOW. I have made a good living working with Publix. The customers are great. I enjoy my job for the most part.

Cons

Retirement benefits are being manipulated, senior management doesn't have a clue. I fear that the changes in our upper leadership has changed to the point that we are in a downhill slide and senior management can't or choose not to stop it. I used to bleed Publix, now I fear my future with the company and my ability to retire comfortably is going away.

Advice to Management

Retirement benefits (stock) should be based on company performance, not excuse driven. Each time we read the company performance statement and we've done well, their is an excuse as to why the price of company stock doesn't reflect it.

Other Employee Reviews for Publix

1. "Stability"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Pros

With the economy up or down it should be a very stable place to work, with not any lay offs in sight.

Cons

The benefits are good but not as good as they used to be in comparison with the rest of the country.

Advice to Management

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians, the company is corporate heavy

"Publix is great...most of the time"

Current Employee - Customer Service Staff in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Staff in Sarasota, FL

Pros

As a full time associate, I get more benefits than I did working for Wachovia Bank. I am the "experienced" closing office staff, so I get perks when it comes to my schedule. They are accommodating when it comes to needing time off, and getting vacation does not require much, as far as time. In the 5 years I've been there, I have a nice 401k built, better than anyone else my age (20 years old.)

Cons

They have almost eliminated the back office position, which is less secure in my opinion. In the effort to save the company money, hours have been cut back significantly, which affects the morale of associates. Some managers feel they are better than everyone else, and will make you feel stupid in front of customers.

Advice to Management

Back up the office staff when it comes to returns or check cashing. Having banking experience, I know what to look for, and do not like when management goes and approves a check I turned down. Although the feeling I get when it gets returned from the bank makes it better. Listen to your associates, and try not to show so much favoritism.