Pulte Homes - Great Culture but lack advancement | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pulte Homes

"Great Culture but lack advancement"

Former Employee - Field Manager
Former Employee - Field Manager

I worked at Pulte Homes full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance. Fair employer.

Cons

Salary and bonuses, little room for advancement . Company lacks transparency and for this reason employees are asking what next....

Advice to Management

Avoid "the glass ceiling "

Other Employee Reviews for Pulte Homes

1. "Upper management has good intentions lower management not as professional"

Pros

Promotes everything you would want for a job, has various councils to improve day to day functions. Generally a caring and understanding group of employees. Great benefits and perks.

Cons

Too many levels of management and this creates a lot of wasted time to get problems and issues resolved. Lack of communication with middle and lower management. Many meetings that only waste time because there is a longer time period for answers or determinations. Witnessed hostility towards co workers from management that is not professional. Handcuffed to policies that are ineffective.

Advice to Management

Pulte claims to have an open door policy, but lower management discourages it "you have to go to the correct channels." Upper management should spend some valuable time in each department amongst the employees and with management and supervisors to evaluate some of the skills (and personalities) that are inhibiting growth within some of the departments. Need to be accountable for communication to employees and the divisions. There is a lack of knowledge with supervisors that is very frustrating. In order to provide good customer service some situations cannot be handcuffed to policies on how to accomplish tasks because each situation is unique. I personally feel that Pulte has the right intentions, but the lower chains of command do not promote the same intentions.

2. "I liked working at Pulte for the most part. I learned so much and worked with amazing people!"

Pros

Great working environment. Great people to work with. When the market was going well the earning potential was insanely great. Just about everyone on my team was earning $90K or more. When the market turned it did become harder to earn that much but the company made a number of concessions for us in terms of pay that made for an easier transition.

Cons

There wasn't much respect for personal time. They wanted you to work on your days off and they would schedule company meetings on your days off that were mandatory even if you were suppose to be off. I often worked late into the evening which I didn't mind so much if I was with a customer or getting work done but all of the schedule co-worker activities after work sometimes became a little too much. It would have been nice sometimes to invite friends or spouses. They were the ones that really suffered being that we were always working or at work for some meeting or function.

Advice to Management

We are people and a work life balance should be respected. Also, more insight and suggestions should be taken from those working directly with they buyer and in the homes as to what people really want and what would help sell homes not what some guy up at corporate says will work.