Puppet - my experience at puppet labs was not bad | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Puppet

"my experience at puppet labs was not bad"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Portland, OR

I worked at Puppet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

one of the main pros about puppet labs was the overall great company morale. the work was great and very satisfying. i loved what i did.

Cons

one of the main cons about puppet labs was lots of back stabbing and politics.

Other Employee Reviews for Puppet

"Great people, good company"

I worked at Puppet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a company that still has a start-up feel and people are always helpful. Most users love the product and Puppet is still seen as a market leader. Has a family feel, especially the London office.

Cons

Because of it's community version, the company is struggling at the moment to make it big. There is a lot of pressure from investors, a complete upper management has been brought in to make the company big and take it either IPO or sell it. This means that it's a lot of pressure, not enough market potential so unless it finds the magic formula, I expect it to struggle for bit longer.

Advice to Management

Understand the product and the market and admit that things are not going well rather than constantly pitch growth and pretend everything is fine.

Puppet Response

Oct 24, 2017 – Puppet

Hi. This is Marianne Calder, VP & GM EMEA and I appreciate you giving us your feedback. We value our employees and want everyone to feel like part of the family. I am pleased you feel this as well... More

"I hear the grownups are in charge now. Good!"

I worked at Puppet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of nice people work here

Cons

Most of the management are not nice people (early 2016).
    HR processes leave a lot to be desired.
    If you don't live in Portland Oregon you're a second or third class citizen. Forever!

Advice to Management

Don't promote people to management roles just because they've been there the longest, if you do promote people who don't have experience give them some training on dealing with staff and complex situations.

Puppet Response

Nov 2, 2017 – Puppet

Hi, this is Sanjay Mirchandani, CEO of Puppet. I value your feedback. The employee-manager relationship plays a big role in whether an employee wants to stay at a company. As we grow and promote team... More