Pure Storage - Smart people, excellent environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Pure Storage

"Smart people, excellent environment."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Everyone involved has a clear idea of where we're going, and that's a great plus. Management is clue-full, the work environment is excellent, and generally this is one of the best jobs I've had in multiple decades of experience, with everything from nine-person startups to the largest tech companies in the world.

Cons

The only caveat I have is that Pure is a startup; we're working hard to get product out the door on the VC's dime. If you like startups, great, and if you don't like startups, you won't want to work here.

Other Employee Reviews for Pure Storage

"Great work environment very smart group of engineers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Exciting new technology, challenging and stimulating work. Fun work environment; when Sunday roll around, I honestly look forward to starting my work week on Monday.

Cons

Pure Storage is a startup; sometimes long hours are required.

Advice to Management

They feed us too much!:-)

"Careful with the hype train."

I worked at Pure Storage full-time

Pros

Good perks.. food, snacks, infrastructure, trips and all that makes a nice office space.

Cons

The product is great, but the company is not a startup anymore. Things go at a much slower pace than the company needs, because management is either afraid of making mistakes or have no clue of what they're doing. It's as dynamic as an old storage company can be. So if you're looking for this startup experience, forget it.. too late.

Culture is built on people and all the people they hire are ex EMC, Dell or Netapp... hence, you have a small young company with an old mentality, full of ivory towers and ego. It's simply not enjoyable if you like being someone that goes a step further.

Talk with someone that's actually working there before joining, to see if you can fit the "culture". Ask about their metrics, processes, management styles and so on. Ask them how they plan their growth, see it makes sense. Ask for more clarification about the position you're applying for. Make as many questions as you can, and "trust", but verify. This is not your typical support gig.

Advice to Management

Do something. Take some responsibility and actually improve things.. it's a startup with a great product, be dynamic and understand that. You guys need experts, not a multi-tiered call center.

Maybe this works well in US, but to keep good people outside of the HQ, in cities with hundreds of better companies, you will need to do more than nice offices and hype. People don't leave their jobs, they leave their managers.