Purple Communications - Employer of Choice | Glassdoor

"Employer of Choice"

Former Employee - Interpreter in Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Interpreter in Oakland, CA

Pros

Good salary. Center managers are generally great. Working vacation opportunities. By and large the best interpreters in the business.

Cons

Management does not understand the field. Management tries to run the workforce like they are easily replaceable rather than scarce. You cannot alienate the interpreter population and then replace them new interpreters of equal skill. There just aren't enough interpreters for that.

Interpreters are only valued for what they can do with their hands up in a booth, not for other skills. Little to no chance of advancement for interpreters, unless they also have an MBA, regardless of their other degrees or contributions to the field.

Advice to Management

Right now it looks like Purple is getting back on the right track. It looks like they've scaled back a bit and refocused on providing good service with realistic goals in terms of work force and locations. A little respect goes a long way, treat your interpreters like you value them and they'll work hard for you. Don't act like you know more about the field than we do. Take our advice and counsel, we've been here a long time, we know what we're talking about.

Other Employee Reviews for Purple Communications

"No room for professional growth."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Pros

Good atmosphere, friendly environment. Respectful of personal time/sick days/vacation.

Cons

No annual reviews. No raises. The people making decisions don't take the NEEDS of employees into consideration.

Advice to Management

Listen to what employees need, make it easier for us to do our jobs! Respect us for our expertise.

2. "Corporate Leadership"

I worked at Purple Communications full-time

Pros

Flexible working conditions. But not much else to be happy about the company.

Cons

Poor leadership from Board of Directors down to and through Senior Management.

Advice to Management

Unprofessional environment. Lack of respect regarding communication between support teams.