PwC - Great fun place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"Great fun place to work"

Former Employee - Advisory Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Advisory Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Great work environment, fun place to work. Perks are definitely a plus, including alternative travel being in advisory. Firm looks out for their employees and definitely notices your accomplishments and rewards you at each appropriate interval and end of the year. Great management and theres always an open line of communication with them regarding what ever questions or concerns you have.

Cons

Some benefits on the low end, travel can be alot, even though this might be a plus for some people. You have to work a bit to get assigned to clients and projects that interest you and you have to make it clear to HR.

Advice to Management

Give more flexibility, pay needs to be slightly increased to match competitors as we always receive offers from competitors with higher pay, yet we stay because we love working for pwc.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. "PwC Advisory/Consulting - Were Back. Accenture, IBM, DT, CAP you run is over."

Current Employee - Advisory Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Advisory Director in Dallas, TX

Pros

Our Business Advisory Practice is leveraging our industry leading strategy and deep delivery capabilites to exceed client expectations. In addion, our

Cons

Like all consulting firms travel and Work Life Balance is a challenge.

Advice to Management

We need to continue to strengthen our delivery capabilites. Specifically, we will need to continue to build our own talent vs. hiring high-end executives from other firms.

2. "Good Name-But place to work"

Former Employee - Audit Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Audit Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Name on the resume, get 2 year CPA requirement, good way to meet lot of young people, exposure to large clients.

Overall getting the name on the resume will help you in your career in the future--thats the bottom line. Even if its just a couple of years, I cant tell you how many doors were opened to me by headhunters just by saying PwC.

Also, definitely get the CPA if you want a career in accounting. PwC is as good a place as any to pick up the requirement before moving on.

Don't fool yourself tho. Its not all great at PwC.

Cons

too many layers of mgmt, poor review process, near to impossible partner track, because clients so large, many mundane tasks and can't always see big picture.

PwC, like the rest of the big 4 is filled with employees who for the most part, hate their jobs. They are overworked and underpaid. When I worked at PwC it wasn't uncommon to see people leave 60-80K jobs for at PwC 100-150K a year jobs. PwC often made the defense that you should stay to manager, and youll have the best bet of moving up at your next job. I think this is a great point. If you can suck it up for 5-6 years then do it (BUT ONLY IF YOU WANT A CAREER IN ACCOUNTING). Otherwise you should leave when you figure out what you really wanna do, like most people do.

Advice to Management

Nothing, its not the management, its the size of the clients and the need for bodies.