PwC - Great opportunities, but structure creates significant challenges | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"Great opportunities, but structure creates significant challenges"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1.) Community - I love the people I work with. They are brilliant at what they do, but more importantly they are fantastic people.
2.) Tremendous opportunity to learn and grow, exposure to senior leadership with clients.
3.) Personally, I enjoy the travel.

Cons

1.) Politics - the partnership structure creates huge challenges to effectively deliver work. If you need expertise from another practice area, good luck getting it easily.
2.) Leadership support - again, because of how the firm is structured, even if your leadership supports your work and what you're doing, it may not be valued by the rest of the firm. Particularly if it's not in the audit space.

Advice to Management

Remove the red tape that prohibits employees from moving around, but more importantly, that inhibits our ability to effectively deliver service to clients because we can't "share" expertise and we end up competing internally for projects.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. "I Love working at PwC"

Current Employee - Experienced Tax Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Experienced Tax Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits of working for a big 4 accounting firm are amazing. They do everything they can to accomodate to their employees and they are very flexible with your personal committments outside of work.

Cons

One negative of working for a large company is that there are so many locations and thousands of employees that sometimes you feel like a number. I don't necessarily feel like that is the case in my individual office. Most of the time everyoine is very friendly and willing to help you out.

2. "Great long-term job"

Current Contractor - Developer in Dallas, TX
    Current Contractor - Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PwC as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of benefits, newest technology, challenging work. It's a great corporate setting to learn to be a professional. There is lots of work and the auditing field is huge and will continue to be for some time.

Cons

Lots of work. Try not to be a slave to the job (aka a workaholic)

Advice to Management

Encourage more interaction between team members