PwC - A post business undergraduate perspective of PricewaterhouseCoopers. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"A post business undergraduate perspective of PricewaterhouseCoopers."

Current Employee - Advisory Associate
Current Employee - Advisory Associate

Pros

The PwC work culture is fast paced and a great starting point for business undergraduates. The Firm invests in each of its employees providing them with unlimited access to the tools they need in order to offer value-added services to our clients. It is a privilege working with the people on my team as they respect and demonstrate their care of my development. For example, prior to my start date during my last year of business undergraduate university, the Company sent a care package as a gesture of good luck on my exams. Because of the nature of the Firm, it is easy to land new opportunities to progress in your career. Additionally, the benefit packages and perks, at least at my office offer great coverage and support for yourself and your immediate family.

Cons

PwC is a professional services, client based focused industry. Providing quality services to our clients is one of the top priorities of a project. What that translates to is when push comes to shove, the number of hours you and your team spend completing a project can equate to 12-16 hour work days. Since the firm is salary-based, there is no overtime pay. Sometimes recognition for the amount of hours you put into the project does not feel like fair compensation. Another downside to working in a client based industry is tracking the number of hours you spend working on each client. Sometimes you are not just staffed on one client and can end up working on as much as 20 clients in a day. Tracking the time you spend in compliance with daily time submission can get tedious.

Advice to Management

Senior Management is a broad term as there is no 1 person you report to in this Firm. There is the official one you are assigned to, but of the multiple manager I have worked with, I give my gratitude for being open minded and professional about soliciting and receiving constructive feedback. I can speak for the people that I have worked with in saying my upper management team respects me as an individual and listens to my ideas and concerns should I ever need to discuss with them.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. "Everyone Should Do a Consulting Rotation"

Former Employee - Advisory Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Advisory Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

- Good mix of very bright people, recruiting at very good schools
    - Opportunities to work on some very challenging projects
    - Most managers are very respectful of needs for time off
    - Prestigious firm recognized internationally

Cons

- Compensation is not in line with competitors, usually much lower for equal level positions
    - Employee review and promotion system very subjective, with high focus on utilization that often
      employees at the senior and associate level cannot control
    - Travel does get tiresome

Advice to Management

- Clearly define Advisory's segment in the consulting marketplace
    - Determine clearly defined metric for promotion

2. "Advisory Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Lots of talented individuals
    Variety of work available
    General autonomy
    Flexible work schedules
    Pretty good admin support
    Decent T&E reporting

Cons

Leadership challenged
    Political ends justify the means
    No unified vision
    Limited belief in teaming
    Inviduals not teams
    Too much input

Advice to Management

360 degree feedback
    Quit setting unrealistic forecasts
    Enpower people
    Develop a leadership that people can rally behind
    Fix the compensation model to reflect teaming and not just individual partner needs