PwC - Not an ideal place to work!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"Not an ideal place to work!!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It only looks good on your resume.

Cons

Poor training when you start with the firm and throughout the year.
Very low pay for work required. You are not getting paid for tones of overtime. In busy season depends on the engagement expect to work between 70-120 hours per week. There are team that work 7 days a week for 15-18 hours a day for 3 straight months! Don’t be fooled by flexible schedule. There is no work/life balance,
Health Benefits are horrible. There must be one of the most expensive in the USA!

Very inexperienced seniors and managers in certain areas. Some are only three-four years out of school who do not have good people or management skills. They were promoted because they were good with Excel, got reviews from their friends or they kissed the partners or senior management ass. Just because someone is a great contributer if he/she lacks people or management skills they shouldn’t be with the firm!
Serious micromanagement! This comes from inexperienced managers who do not know how to lead a team. You have people unassinged and other people working 55 hours a week.

Politics, politics, politics throughout the hierarchy! Its who you know not what you know to get ahead. Promotions are based on relationships much more than actual contributions! Very sad for a big 4 firm.
There is extreme arrogance among certain employees. Its like a competition instead of a team. This is not very conducive while working on a project.

Lack of intergrity among managers during the review process. Managers are free to make up what they want with little say from the employee!
Extremely unappreciated employees and a huge turnaround. From 150 people in my starting class after 3 years only 11 people are left!
I am very suprised of the level of immaturity and unprofessionalism of some senior management members, even partners!!!

Advice to Management

Give out a more vacation days, better benefits, and pay over time
Kissing up does not mean you are doing a good job
A good number of the managers and partners needs to go back to school and learn to act like human beings again, Employees should also be treated with respect as a resource of the company.
Need to improve HR department and employee evaluation since good/hard-working people get thrown under the bus and lazy people who are friendly with the right partners are left alone and get promoted even though they are idiots.
The words flexibility don't mean anything until they are put into action. Share some advice with upper management.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

"Is It Worth the Wait?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at PwC full-time

Pros

Great exit opportunities, good people

Cons

long hours, tedious but good people

Advice to Management

Stop paying us like accountants but then asking for ibanking hours.

2. "Great opportunities, but structure creates significant challenges"

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1.) Community - I love the people I work with. They are brilliant at what they do, but more importantly they are fantastic people.
    2.) Tremendous opportunity to learn and grow, exposure to senior leadership with clients.
    3.) Personally, I enjoy the travel.

Cons

1.) Politics - the partnership structure creates huge challenges to effectively deliver work. If you need expertise from another practice area, good luck getting it easily.
    2.) Leadership support - again, because of how the firm is structured, even if your leadership supports your work and what you're doing, it may not be valued by the rest of the firm. Particularly if it's not in the audit space.

Advice to Management

Remove the red tape that prohibits employees from moving around, but more importantly, that inhibits our ability to effectively deliver service to clients because we can't "share" expertise and we end up competing internally for projects.