PwC - Complicated company | Glassdoor

"Complicated company"

Former Employee - Advisory Consultant in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Advisory Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Some very smart people who do care about doing good work - find them, and work however you can for them.
- Brand still means something - and management consulting is an interesting space to be in.
- The variety in consulting work is fascinating

Cons

- VERY political atmosphere. It's about who you know.
- Utilization matters more than if you're a consistently good performer. I was laid off because there wasn't enough 'work for me to do', but had no visibility into sales cycle.
- Travel and more travel.

Advice to Management

If you say you're not an 'up or out' company, then mean it. Culture is progressive in some areas, but lots of management that doesn't really care if you work hard.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. "It's like another level of grad school - you'll learn more than you can imagine."

Current Employee - Senior Associate
    Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at PwC has been one of the best decisions I made coming out of school. From the very beginning you get great exposure to top-level people within the firm and at your clients. You see how different businesses are structured and operate, and get a feel for real world application of the accounting practices you learn in school. The people within the firm are unbelievably intelligent, and the firm itself does a great job of focusing on quality. The job is fast paced and always pushes you slighly outside of your comfort zone. You'll be shocked at how much you learn in just a short period of time.

Cons

It's hard to think of this as a sustainable career choice long-term. The time commitment is substantial.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Advisory Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Advisory Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging environment, working with very talented team.

A great place to test yourself and gain experience that can help propell your career.

Cons

Not many, other than having to listend to noise of other disgruntled employees (at times).

Advice to Management

None from me.