PwC - Good benefits and pay. Knowledgeable people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"Good benefits and pay. Knowledgeable people"

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at PwC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting work, if you are correctly placed in the right group. Benefits and pay (including bonuses) are excellent. Lots of applications and tools to support projects.

Cons

Travel and hours are very demanding, so be aware that you are compensated for this expectation. Large training and independence requirements. The training and education is there, but a lot is basically own time requirements as you will likely be billing full time before you can complete all your training goals. Independence requirements can be difficult if you have large or varied investments.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

"They take care of their people the best they can given the industry."

Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Experienced Audit Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Competitive Pay
    - High Performing Culture
    - Great Career Development

Cons

- Workload can be tremendous
    - At lower levels there is not enough incentive to be a high performer

Advice to Management

On the highest level possible, I feel like the firms goals are misaligned. The notion of becoming the quality firm, growth firm, and flexibility firm all at once is counter intuitive. The burden is being felt on your highest performers and as a result I would expect to see abover average turnover amongst your top performers over the next 2 years.

2. "Good entry level position"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good way to get experience coming out of school and get your CPA license. Just finished my second year, but looking to leave for something non-accounting. Certainly a lot of opportunities within the firm, but I have no interest in becoming a controller or a director of financial reporting one day. I've advanced my Excel skills and learned how to adapt to a corporate environment with LOTS of red tape. If you want to move to a different city/country, the opportunities are there.

Cons

You experience can very GREATLY depending on your market, line of service, and most importantly the people who you work for/with. If you get stuck on a terrible client with terrible managers/partners, you probably won't last too long. Get on a client/team that's organized and you can probably stomach it for a while. You really need to fit into the box if you're going to succeed in the audit practice. There's no time for innovation or to challenge old ideas. The mentality is "just get it done." Which is pretty much true for all Big 4/accounting departments. I guess at the end of the day working for PwC helped me realize that I have ZERO interest in continuing to practice accounting.

Advice to Management

To the uptight managers that think you MUST work 80 hours a week during busy season because we work for a public accounting firm: you need to lay off and calm down. This job is not THAT serious. Treat your associates like you actually care about them and they'll be willing to do whatever you ask. Oh, and why does everyone need to show up/arrive at the client site at the EXACT same time everyday? I don't need to get in at 8:30 just because the manager has an audit committee meeting that morning. And I certainly don't want to stick around for extra hours at night because I can work faster then the B players on my team and once I finish my work I have to help them finish theirs. I realize public accounting is a "team" environment, but I don't get comped for my coworker's inefficiencies. We don't all need to hold hands and sing kumbaya while we work. Performance bonus you say? What a joke. The fact that associates are ineligible for year end bonuses is another reason turnover is so high. This isn't a charity, when I work additional hours I want a percentage of the additional bill you're sending the client, not some garbage performance bonus that comes out to $5 after Uncle Sam robs me. I don't think these feelings are unique to PwC, I just happen to work here. I'm sure the feeings are very similar at the other Big 4 firms.