PwC - Good Enough | Glassdoor

"Good Enough"

Pros

Great professionals willing to take the time to mentor interns.

Cons

Not many opportunities available at the time.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. "Tax"

Pros

people...very credible and understanding people. Human capital is harnessed with the abundance of opportunities from staff and up. Trainings, etc... are practically handed to you.

Cons

Public accounting, in general, can be rough hours. Since in public, lots of admin to keep track of profitability, also at times can push growth too fast. In short, public accounting is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on improving on personnel well being one staff at a time vs as a group.

2. "Good entry level position"

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good way to get experience coming out of school and get your CPA license. Just finished my second year, but looking to leave for something non-accounting. Certainly a lot of opportunities within the firm, but I have no interest in becoming a controller or a director of financial reporting one day. I've advanced my Excel skills and learned how to adapt to a corporate environment with LOTS of red tape. If you want to move to a different city/country, the opportunities are there.

Cons

You experience can very GREATLY depending on your market, line of service, and most importantly the people who you work for/with. If you get stuck on a terrible client with terrible managers/partners, you probably won't last too long. Get on a client/team that's organized and you can probably stomach it for a while. You really need to fit into the box if you're going to succeed in the audit practice. There's no time for innovation or to challenge old ideas. The mentality is "just get it done." Which is pretty much true for all Big 4/accounting departments. I guess at the end of the day working for PwC helped me realize that I have ZERO interest in continuing to practice accounting.

Advice to Management

To the uptight managers that think you MUST work 80 hours a week during busy season because we work for a public accounting firm: you need to lay off and calm down. This job is not THAT serious. Treat your associates like you actually care about them and they'll be willing to do whatever you ask. Oh, and why does everyone need to show up/arrive at the client site at the EXACT same time everyday? I don't need to get in at 8:30 just because the manager has an audit committee meeting that morning. And I certainly don't want to stick around for extra hours at night because I can work faster then the B players on my team and once I finish my work I have to help them finish theirs. I realize public accounting is a "team" environment, but I don't get comped for my coworker's inefficiencies. We don't all need to hold hands and sing kumbaya while we work. Performance bonus you say? What a joke. The fact that associates are ineligible for year end bonuses is another reason turnover is so high. This isn't a charity, when I work additional hours I want a percentage of the additional bill you're sending the client, not some garbage performance bonus that comes out to $5 after Uncle Sam robs me. I don't think these feelings are unique to PwC, I just happen to work here. I'm sure the feeings are very similar at the other Big 4 firms.