PwC - Great place to work if you're single or don't mind working lots of hours. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"Great place to work if you're single or don't mind working lots of hours."

Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Tax Senior Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

You have the ability to move up and gain experience that can really propel you in your future career whether you stay at the firm or not. The people you work with are typically top tier and have a desire to do well.

Cons

If you're looking to start a family early in your life, it can be a real downer in the amount of hours you have to work. If family is your priority...working here is really tough.

Advice to Management

They really need to look at their "profitability" metrics and try and balance things out a bit more. I would love to be able to tell people this is the perfect place to work because there really is a balance in work-life. Unfortunately, while there is a stated goal of work-life balance, it seems like it's truly impossible to achieve the way the budgets are designed and what is considered "profitable" budgets vs. unprofitable.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

"PwC is THE place to work - and here's why!"

Former Employee - Tax in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Tax in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

PricewaterhouseCoopers is an amazing firm to work for. The benefits they provided me while working there two months as an intern were unbelieveable. I felt like I was getting absolute real-world experience, and getting paid for it too! Each day I went to work and did real tax work for real companies. It was not about making copies or getting coffee; they totally trusted me with what I felt was really important work. The internship ended with an amazing event held at Disney World, something that no other accounting firm offers their interns. When they made me an offer to come back and be a tax associate, I had no problem saying yes. PwC rocks!

Cons

I do not really feel that there are any downsides for working at PricewaterhouseCoopers. It is well know in the accounting industry that there are times during the "busy seasons" where the employee will work much more than 40 hours a week and have no free time outside of work, and I do not expect PwC to be any different. The upside to this dilemma though is that they definitely take care of you during the busy seasons and provide gifts and motivators to each of their employees during the busy season time. After busy season wraps up, they encourgage taking time off to recuperate. I can't think of anything better to take care of this industry-wide problem.

Advice to Management

I would definitely thank them for how they handle their interns and how I have heard they handle their employees. While working at PwC as an intern, I had plenty of time to talk with senior management about their experience with the firm and about their experiences with working outside of PwC. Everyone that I talked to said that PwC was the best place to work at in their opinion, and I definitely hold the same opinion.

2. "PwC - great opportunities"

Current Employee - Audit Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Audit Manager in Boston, MA

Pros

Worklife balance, good intelligent co-workers, opportunities to grow and improve

Cons

Can be a lot of travel, fluctuation in work thorughout the year

Advice to Management

Ensure messages are consistent and communicated quickly.