PwC - Great Opportunities, Networking is important to success | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for PwC

"Great Opportunities, Networking is important to success"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you network and put yourself out there and make your desires known, you can accomplish great things at this firm. The company culture is focused on flexibility and the firm stands by this motto, in my case at least. The are endless possibilities to learn, get involved, and put yourself out there but you have to be willing to speak up.

Overall, I enjoy working with my co-workers who are often in their mid to late 20s, and even the leadership, who I have found to have a relaxed persona. Although I have some horror stories, I feel that the healthcare practice is very strong from a culture standpoint.

Great brand recognition; recruiters and other companies realize this and will try to hire you away.

Cons

The pay is mediocre at best, even the CEO Bob Moritz stated on a Townhall that staff members are more likely to get paid if they sought opportunities outside of the firm but it was the "package" that PwC offered, that made PwC a desirable place to work. This is semi-true, a lot of us are just looking to make a certain title and then leave the firm for a higher paying, less strenuous position.

The performance review process needs a lot of work because it is completely subjective. It's basically a game of: 1) who can embellish the most, and 2) who has the most "connected" coach to get you what you want.

HR is not as helpful as you would like them to be.

Advice to Management

Realize that people who are best suited for consulting are not always mother's or people with families. There are a lot of benefits and consolations made for mothers and fathers of families, which has no meaning to those of us who are either single or don't plan on having a family. So essentially you lose out on benefits and flexibility if you don't have a family.

Maybe if you paid more, you could attract and retain higher caliber talent. If you decide to leave the firm, don't expect the firm to try and retain you. You are replaceable.

Other Employee Reviews for PwC

1. "Good"

Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Associate - Advisory in New York, NY

I have been working at PwC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Work / Life Balance

Cons

More opportunities to work abroad will be nice

2. "True professionals and great experience"

Current Employee - Assurance Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Assurance Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at PwC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work with the best and brightest people in the accounting industry.
    Get to work with multiple clients and learn other industries.
    The firm is well respected by others.
    Work with a lot of young, motivated professionals that are easy to get along with.
    Work hours are very flexible outside of busy season to accomodate needs.
    Firm is constantly seek ways to improve the company and the work experience.
    Great training programs.

Cons

Long hours during busy, season, but it comes with the industry.
    Pay isn't as great as non-public accounting companies, but benefits and growth potential are better.

Advice to Management

Keep seeking for advice from within on how to improve the firm. Great things have come recently from listening to what the employees are saying, and it will continue to improve.